{11}First Mission 5

❇Chapter 11❇
First Mission part 5
📆Wednesday- Day 3📆

"I've gotten a sketch of the interior of the abandoned library, My squad and I will go where Aoi is being held captive, smuggle her out and replace her with (Name) using replication jutsu. The guards will go with the briefcase to the kidnappers and hand it to them, then they will hand over (Name) and we go away freely with Aoi. Is this understood?"
"Hai." The five of you nodded along with the guards.
After the meeting, you were walking along with Tenten on your way to the bedroom where the both of you stayed,
"I saw the look on your face,"
Tenten started, "What look?"
"You looked kinda shocked."
"I was a little surprised because I never got to do something like that before. But I will try."
"Don't be hard on yourself. If you think it's too much, just tell Gai Sensei you can't do it. But for all I know, you can do it."
"Thanks Tenten.."
"No biggie."

❇❇❇

Due to your anxiousness of tomorrow's event, you suffered from insomnia. You then decided to take a walk and maybe kick your feet around in the nearby creek, you slid open the door carefully and quietly, trying your best not to wake Tenten. You got out, closed the door and began to walk.

Finally, you arrived at the creek but you weren't alone. Neji was there. He sat on the bank of the creek with his feet in the water, he noticed you from miles away but hoped you were eaten by wolves along your way here."Oh, Neji, what are you doing out here?" You asked, a little startled. "A question coming from you, out here at ten in the night?" He scoffed, keeping his attention towards the body of water flowing freely, "Well, I'm a little nervous, more like excited about our mission tomorrow so I can't sleep. So I decided to come here and clear my conscience, but unexpectedly, wait- no, not really. I ran into you."
"Why are you even here?" He said, meaning why are you with him, Why are you a ninja, why did Gai Sensei choose you to do the hardest part of the mission? Why do you even exist?
"Maybe, it's destiny."
"Destiny?" Hearing you say that inevitable word made him want to snap you like a twig. "Yeah, destiny." He got up and approached you,
"Destiny is something inevitable, something bound to happen; it's fate. What is your destiny?" He shoved you, "What is your fate? Do you know what it's like to be bounded to something," He shoved you again, "Or to someone?" He shoved once more to the point that you were backed up against a tree, you had a strange feeling of deja vu. You were right, this did happen before, in the day you overslept two days ago. "Yes, I do. I know what it's like to be bounded to someone. I'm bounded to you for the rest of my life by some stupid family agreement. What are you bounded to?!"  You shoved him back, which you did not know you'll  regret.

  Neji grabbed your hands, you flinched at the coldness of his. He placed your hands at the back of his head where the knot of his headband was tied. 'He wants me to take off his headband..' Reluctantly,  you closed your eyes and untied the knot and slipped it off his forehead, protectively clenching it in the palms of your hands. You fluttered your eyes open, you were shocked at how dangerously close you were. So close, you felt his hot breath upon your forehead. Your eyes were widened in shock of what you saw before you, "Everyone born into the lower branch has this curse seal, the only way it can be removed is if you die." The word, 'death' shook your spirit, you didn't know what to say. Once again, he proved you how unknowing you were.

"N- Neji.. I, I'm sorry.." Was all you can say, you outstretched your hand to caress the glowing mark. He opened his palm, "My headband."
"Oh- y- y-yeah.." You placed the headband in his open palm. "I said this once, and I'll say this once again, you know nothing. He tied back his headband, "You better watch yourself, tomorrow's mission is not D ranked, not C ranked, it's B ranked, but possibly an A. Good night." He walked away, without saying another word.

The last scene of this chapter was inspired by  '7 Years When I Was Alive' Chapter 8, The Monster and The Savior by @Smile4Naruto. And another tip; Take inspiration from other books.

Ask yourself:

Even though Neji treats you like trash, why do you respect him? Would he be like this when you're bonded in holy matrimony?