{13}Important Squad Meeting

❇Chapter 13❇
Important Squad Meeting

"Oh (Name), you're back. Welcome home!"
"How was it, sweetie?"
You closed the door behind you and you dropped your bag, tears welding in your eyes. "What is it? Did it not go well?" Your mother stopped what she was doing and came to your aid. "Mummy~~..." You broke into tears in your mother's arms.
"We had to save an Emperor's daughter who was kidnapped, we saved her and she didn't want to come home."
"And why is that, dear?"
"She was engaged to be married, just like me. And she- and she fell in love with someone else.."
"What are you trying to say?"
"What if I don't love him? What if I fall I love with someone else? Will what happened to her happen to me?" You clung onto your mother's waist and wept.
"I can't do this, I can't, I can't, I can't!" She passed her hand through your hair and tried to soothe you. 
   Your father sat there with his fingers knitted together, clasped under his nose. 'What have I done?' He asked himself, he knew he'd rather have these two families feuding for the rest of eternity than to have his daughter angry and unhappy, but why did he agree to the settlement? "Honey, I know how you're feeling. We'll work this out together, we'll know what do when the future comes. Don't cry, now." She then began to sing,

"Hush, my little baby,
Mama's here for you.
For every stormy day and night,
We'll  always work it through."

It was  a short little song she used to calm you at your hardest times when you were little, it still works up to this day. Your restless mind ceased and you were fast asleep, you were then laid to rest in your bedroom by your father.

❇❇❇

"(Name), are you awake?"
"Mhm.." You muffled into your pillow, "Your teammates are here to see you. They want to know if you want to hang out with them."
"Tell them I'll be right down," You said, shuffling your way to the bathroom.
  "She said she'll be right down. For the time being, have a seat and wait for her."
"Okay." Tenten and Lee nodded as they sat and waited. "You know, before joined the academy, she didn't really had friends. She just sat in her room all day and read History books and Ninja scrolls with basic skills. I'm glad she has friends, now she can socialize and get out more often."
"We'll try our best to drag her out of the house as much as we could."
"You both seem to be good friends to her, once you're proven trustworthy to her, she'll hold you dearly to her heart." You came downstairs, "Hey guys, I'm sorry I took so long. I hope my mom didn't talk you to death."
"Haha, no she didn't." Tenten said, "She's really great to talk to." Lee got up.
  "She you later, Mrs. (Mother's Name)!" They waved your mother off.
  "So, what are we gonna do?" You asked,
"Sensei called all of us for a meeting at the training grounds."Tenten said,
"He said that it was something of great importance." Lee added.
"Did you inform Neji of this?"
"Not in person, a servant answered the door and we told her to tell him."Tenten replied.

✳✳✳

  You all arrived at the training grounds to see Gai Sensei waiting under a tree, Neji was already walking in.
It seemed to you that he was in such a hurry, he even forgot his jacket. "Good day my students, there is an exam to graduate you from Genin to Chunin. They usually bring it the year after genins graduated from the academy but this year, they brought it too soon. I was thinking about keeping you back this year but I thought that would be unfair, to you all. It is your choices, do you or do you not want to take part in the Chunin exams?" The four of you gave it a quick thought.

'This is really straight forward, I was really getting accustomed to being a genin.' You thought as you held your arm.

'This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make throughout my life thus far. I hope whichever way I chose doesn't affect my future in a negative way..' Tenten hoped.

'This is it, this is the time to show Gai Sensei What I'm made of.. I'll do it!' Lee thought.

"I'll gladly take part in the Chunin exams." Neji raised his hand. He didn't even hesitate.
"As will I." You raised yours.
"I will as well!" Lee flung up his fist.
"Well, I'll give it a try, too." Tenten put out her fist.
   "I am proud of you, my students. Remember, this exam is much harder than the graduation exams. You will have to go through three tests, I will make it easier for you if I tell you what those tests are: firstly, the written exams which I require you to study hard for, then the second exams, survival, we did a few survival training techniques and you must remember them and finally, the exam finale, where the surviving participants are paired up to fight. I require you to practice those skills I taught you and the ones you've learnt on your own."
He then handed out papers, "These are the admission slips, show them to your parents or guardian. Lee, I will personally sign yours."
   You hoped you didn't make the wrong decision, you looked at the admission slip.
But if Neji could do it, you can do it even better!