{21}The Chunin Exam 4

❇Chapter 21❇
The Chunin Exam
part 4
The Final Exam

   Today was another big day, the day you and the others were waiting for; the final exams were here. Your mother and father along with Hiashi and Hinabi came along to watch you and Neji represent the Hyuuga Clan. "Are you ready for this, sweetie?"
"Yes mom, more than anything."
"You go out there, and fight to your heart's content."
"Yes, I will."
By 9am, stadium was lively with cheer and chatter, awaiting for the tournament to begin.
"(Name)!" The girls waved at you,
"Hey, guys."
"Are you ready for the time of truth?"
"Yeah, I am." You sat next to Tenten.
"This first fight is getting everybody tense."
"I've already seen people betting on them."
"Shh you guys, it's starting!"

*Neji VS Naruto*

People reached deep into their pockets to place their bets on either Naruto or Neji.
"I place my bet on that blond boy, there's a fire in his eyes."
"I place my bet on the other one. He reminds me of myself when I was in my youth."
"GO NARUTO!"
"YEAH, YOU CAN DO IT!" The girls went on and on, you remained silent and neutral since you can't cheer for both of them.
For every punch and kick Naruto gave, Neji replied with a jab to one of his chakra points. You shivered as you remembered when he done that to you,
"Is something wrong, (Name)?"
"No no no, it's nothing. Just a little deja vu, that's all."
"You experienced that before?" She pointed at Naruto who held onto his right arm and breathed heavily.
"Yeah, when I was training."
There was no holding him back now, there was no intervention in this round. If this goes on any longer, Naruto just might end up dead. Death, what a strong yet inevitable thing.
If it were you down there, would he hold back?
As you were giving up hope, Naruto popped out of the ground to give Neji the ultimate uppercut. Hey, whataya know?
Naruto won!
Neji was picked up and carried to the infirmary, you got up from your seat to go see him. Your mother grabbed you hand, "Honey, where are you going?"
"I'm going to see Neji." You slipped out of her grasp and ran along towards the infirmary

*🚪In The Infirmary🚪*

   You waited outside until Hiashi finally left. When he did, you entered.
"Neji, may I come in?"
"Yes, you may."
"How are you feeling?"
"Well, for now."
"I'm really sorry for your loss."
"Thank you."
"Can you, stand for a minute?" You asked and he did so.
You pulled him into an embrace, even though your head only reached his chest. "Don't get mad when I say I told you so.."
"You remind me of my father, he was zealous and determined. Just like you are."
"And that's why you hated me.." You outstretched your hand for Neji's headband, he never flinched nor budged.
The mark glistened like diamonds in the sunlight, "I see you.." You muttered as you passed your thumb across the glistening mark.
What did you mean by
'I see you.'?

You said that because you saw his pain,

You saw his anger towards the main branch,

You saw that no matter if he surpassed the main branch, he will be nothing more but a side branch,

You saw his frustration that he was holding back,

You saw a little caged bird, yearning to be free.

You saw him.

  You brought his face closer to yours and you rested your forehead against his. His mark shocked your head but you didn't mind it at all. You blushed uncontrollably at his closeness, he was so close that you can feel his breath upon your nose, but all you did was smile.
"I see you, too." He said as he touched your red cheek, he leaned in a bit closer and to your surprise, he kissed your lips.
"Thank you, for setting me free."

*(Name) VS Susuki*

"It's almost my fight, are you gonna come watch me?"
"I'll be out there."
"Okay, wish me luck."
"You don't need it." He nudged you on the shoulder with his fist.
  You were walking on your way back to the stadium when a voice called out to you. "(Name)!"
You glanced over your shoulder to that it was Rock Lee.
"L- Lee!?" He was holding a walking stick and Gai Sensei was there by his side in case he falls.
"You're discharged?"
"I have to go back every once in a while but you can say it's so! What about Naruto, did he win?"
"Oh yes, he did."
"Well, if Naruto can beat him then- then I can beat him, as well!"
"C'mon, my fight's about to start!"

❇❇❇

   You were in the grounds, standing about ten feet away from Suzuki. The proctor was the only thing separating the two of you.
"You've heard the rules but I'll explain them once again;
there will be no intervention in this round.
in this round you can either fight until your opponent is severely injured or fight to the death.
If you want to forfeit, just simply do so by raising your hand. You may begin."
You sat on the ground and wrapped your hair up, then tied the headband on it. "What are you waiting for? Do what you must."
"I thought you'd never asked." Suzuki ran a hand through her spiky hair and then began to wave hand signs and touched the ground. "I'm not losing to you again."
"I'm not the one boasting about the meaning of my name heck, I don't even know the meaning of my name. If you would be less boastful and more humble, you'll find victory."
Suzukiites burst out from the ground and head straight for you. You jumped up and skipped backwards until you were out of Suzuki's range, you ran on the wall that separated the village from the stadium. Suzuki made a clone of herself and stood back to back with it so it can they both can watch your movements.
  "You feel you're the only one who can play with clones? Two can play this game." You made several clones that went around in a perfect circle around the wall of the stadium.
"Great thinking, (Name)!" Lee shouted,
"Don't let your guard down!" The girls cheered.
Neji sat and silently prayed as he watched you battle with the foreign villager, even though he knew that you would win this, he still hoped for the best.
Suzuki sent out fine crystals like bullets to eliminate your numbers to its smallest. You, along with your clones jumped up into the air, dodging the crystals with kunais as you got closer you sent a Kunai at her. It brushed over her shoulder and cut the exposed strap of her brazier, causing the young males in the crowd to go wild.
"Ugh!" She glared at you as you landed.
"Being a ninja means you gotta dress for action, not to party.."
You took off your jacket and dropped it on the floor. "Time to get serious, no playing around. Let's finish this.." dashed up to her at full speed and began to wave palms like a killer machine. You gave her an uppercut that sent her flying, then you used the pillar of Suzukiite she left for a boost. You balled both of your fists to make one and slammed it onto her stomach, making her regain her gravity.
"Gah!" She spat up blood as she landed on her back.
"And the winner is, (Name) Hyuuga!"
"That's my baby girl!!" Your mother jumped up into the air and began to scream like crazy.

❇❇❇

Finally, you climbed up those long stairs and reached to Neji. "Well, how did I do?"
"You did good."
You couldn't hold back the urge to hug him, he hugged back as well. And from then, began a new friendship (with benifits 😏)...