{3}Training

❇Chapter Three❇
Training

       There wasn't school today due to a meeting for the preparation of the  graduation exams, so there won't be teachers to be with the classes. You were finishing off breakfast while your mother was questioning you,  "So, he's going to teach you how to control your byakugan?" She asked,
'Some days ago, she said Neji hates her guts, now she's saying he's going to teach her to control her byakugan? How strange..' You mother thought as she took your plate from before you and began to wash it.
"Yeah."
"Be careful not to use it too much or you'll end up like that grouchy old Mama Mai who has to use her byakugan to see." Your mother warned.
"Okay, mom. Love you!"
You chuckled as you walked out, "I love you more!"
She yelled as she waved you off.

Moments later, you arrived at the training grounds where Neji told you to meet him. He was already there sitting in the lotus position, meditating. Of course he already saw you and felt your presence so it made no sense to alert him of it, you sat beside him and meditated as well.
By the way that he was breathing you could tell that he was trying to soothe his anger, you outstretched your hand to caress his pale face but it was stopped by his hand that squeezed your wrist.
His touch was so cold, it gave you goosebumps,
"Don't touch me." He whispered sharply before loosening his tight grip.
He then got up and made a few hand signs, "Byakugan!" He chanted and with that he immediately swung a hand at you, "Woah!" you flipped backwards.
"Ah!" You stumbled back, feeling a shocking pain in your left shoulder,
"Activate it." He demanded, waving another hand at you.
'He's trying.. to make me activate my.. byakugan.' You tried your best but nothing seems to come out.  He then jabbed you with his middle and index fingers at your side, "Gah!" You brought up blood as you fell to your knees. "Get up."
"Why are you so harsh? It's a spar!"
"Is that what you're going to say to your opponent in the chunin exams?"
"No but-"
"I don't know why you joined the academy when you can't even use your byakugan, pathetic. People like you and Hinata aren't meant for fighting, you two were meant to be sitting around and being served tea."
"This is my life, and I- choose to do whatsoever with it, just like how you choose to be angry and lonely all your life." You wiped the blood that ran from your lips.
"Tch." He ran up to you with full speed, "Six palms!" He jabbed you once on both arms, once on both your legs, once in your stomach and before he hit you at the center of you chest, you grabbed his hand. He looked at you to see around your eyes were corrupted with pulsing veins,
'She did it.'He said in disbelief.
You hit him in his chest, making him take a few steps backwards,
"Don't.. underestimate.. me"
Were the last words you said before falling unconscious. 

The rays of the setting sun settled upon your face, you fluttered your eyes opened and sat up.
Neji was sitting there with the afternoon wind in his hair without his jacket, he placed his jacket on your lap while you were unconscious.
You got up and stood before him, holding his jacket out to him.
"Though, your teachings were quite complexed but at least you helped me activate my byakugan and I thank you."
You bowed respectfully,
you felt a light tug at the jacket in your hand.
You glanced up to see him right before you with the other half of his jacket in his hand, "You're welcome." The wind swirled around the both of you at that moment.
"Hehe, I should let go now.." You let go of your half walked away.