{6}Teamwork

❇Chapter Six❇
Teamwork

"Teamwork, the cooperative effort of a team of people to achieve a common goal."

"You're on the same team with Neji?" Your mother asked,  "Yes." You replied,
"And he thinks you and the others will get in his way?"
"Yes..." You sighed.
"Well, ice will eventually melt meaning he can't be cold-hearted forever. Don't worry, sweetie. Your father was just the same.."
"Hey!" Your father yelled from another room,
"Don't deny it!" Your mother yelled back.
"Thanks mom, see you later!" You gave your mother a hug and kiss before leaving.
As you strolled the streets of Konoha, on your way to the training grounds, you saw Tenten purchasing deep fried squids on a stick from a shop. "Tenten!" You yelled, making her get your attention. You crossed over to meet with her, "Oh, hi (Name). Do you want one?" She held out one of her squid sticks to you. "I've never tasted this before but why not." You gladly accepted one and walked along with Tenten to the grounds. "Mm, it tastes good!" You commented as you stuffed your face with more, "I know, right!? I buy there everyday!"
"Don't each too much, or you'll be a fattie."
"I know my limit.."
You both giggled as you passed through the entrance to the training grounds, you both walked in to see Lee and Neji already there training and practicing their moves on a tree. "Are they serious?" You both sweat dropped. You and Tenten sat under a shady tree and awaited Gai Sensei to arrive, "I can see that they'll be challenging each other.. A lot." You foretold, Tenten nodded in agreement.
  A while later, Gai finally arrived. "Good morning students, today is our first day of training!" He greeted with all kinds of gestures and hand movements. "Okay so, what are we gonna do?" Tenten asked, "You have to make me move unfold my arms."

'This is surprisingly simple, but this is our first time training with this weird man, so if course he'll go easy upon us' Neji shook his head in disappointment, thinking that he would get a challenge.

'Is this all?' You thought,'But who knows? He may add a few tricks.'

'I will try my best!'Rock Lee thought with fire in his eyes.

'Eh.. I'll give it a try.' Tenten shrugged.

"Begin in 3.. 2.."
Before Gai can complete the countdown, Neji dashed up to him and hit him multiple times on the chakra points in his arms,
despite of all that Neji did, he still stood strong with his arms folded.
'Why isn't he even flinching?' Out of embarrassment, Neji took a step back.
You glanced at Tenten and Lee as assurance for you to try next,they nodded back with reassurance. "Shadow clone jutsu!" You said as you were covered by smoke, you, with three other clones, surrounded Gai where he stood.

'Impressive..' Neji nodded.

'How creative of her! She made three more of herself to surround him and hit him in every direction, she ought to ace this test!' Tenten thought,

'She is so creative when it comes to taking down her opponent, this is why I admire her so..' He admired.

"Six palms!" You, along with the your three clones, struck
him on six of his chakra points, six times. When you were finished, you held onto your knees and breathed heavily, the dust slowly vanished, he still stood there with his arms folded.
"What!?!"
'After all I've done he still stood there with folded arms!?!' You kept your cool and walked back to the line.
'Now is my chance, to show sensei what I've got!'
Lee stepped forward "Leaf hurricane!" Lee spun around at an unbelievable speed, sending kicks all about Gai's body and when he was done, same result. 'I'll try better next time!'
"Looks like it's me.." Tenten pulled out two kunais from her ninja gear pouch and sent them at him, he dodged.
"You didn't even try.."
"I know," the kunais that he dodged turned into threads with chakra within it, the threads wrapped itself tightly around his forearms.
She tugged the threads to make his forearms pull apart, but she did not retrieve the strength to tug on the threads anymore. In failure, she let go of the threads.
"You all fail."

"Gai Sensei, we all tried our best but-" Tenten tried to explain but Gai intervened,
"Can a measly piece of coal work up an entire train?"
"No." You all answered.
"Good, you need batches upon batches to keep it working. Each of you could have defeated me but you missed out one thing."
"And, that is?" Neji questioned, "Teamwork. It's the cooperative work of a team to achieve a common goal. Just like the lump of coal. Your common goal today was to make me unfold my arms, but you tried individually and failed. I hope you learned something today and that you'll all work together. Now, try again, together."
"Okay guys, I have a plan.
Tenten will tie Gai Sensei with her chakra threads, my clones including myself will  hold the threads, Lee will do that leaf hurricane thing and Neji will do whatever he wants because he won't listen to me. Sounds good?"
"Yeah." They nodded in agreement.
The strategy went as planned but they didn't get to unfold Gah Sensei's arms, but they did get to sweep him off of his feet. Which was an achievement, right? Neji chimed in the same time with Lee, you were glad he did.
"You didn't get to unfold my arms but you achieved something better, you swept me off my feet. With teamwork, you don't always accomplish the main goal but you accomplish something better. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, what matters most is you did it as a team. Congratulations, you all pass."

Tip:

The key to making a good XReader is to properly know the character(love interest): Persona, choice of speech, etc.