Chapter 20 /Christmas and secrets

Leah's P.O.V.

My eyes opened to a beaming light shining against my eyelids. As soon as I saw the sun on the horizon and the Christmas tree in my room filled with presents, reality hit me.

It was Christmas morning.

A day I couldn't wait to spend with Jaxon.

I knew he'd be bursting through that door any second I just wanted to catch him off guard this time.

I quickly jumped out of bed and swiftly ran behind the door.

WAIT!

I ran back putting pillows under the covers and grabbing one of the many wigs Alyssa left in my room the other night, don't ask.

Once I was finished with my fake body I ran back behind the door just in time for Jaxon to come smashing in.

"Merry Christmas Le-!" He cut himself off when he realized I was not awake.

He quietly but briskly scurried over to 'my' side. Once he reached his hand down and it went straight through my face he got a bit mad. Just a teensy weensy bit mad. A little wittle bit angry.

"Asher! Elijah! COME QUICK!!! Leah is gone!"  Jaxon looked around in a panic until his eyes caught mine.

His eyes changed lickety-split as it threw out the anger and worry then replaced it with relief.

"Leah." His voice a little more raspy than usual as if his voice was about to break like when you're about to cry.

I mini victory smile vanished and I rushed to him. I stood on my tippy-toes as my hands cuffed his face. I felt horrible for making him think I left him.

"I'm sorry, sugar bun." I engulfed him into a never-ending hug while his arms were frozen by his side.

"It's fine, bunny baby." He replied his voice no longer breaking.

"I love these new nicknames." I smiled leading him to the tree filled with presents just for each other.

" I smiled leading him to the tree filled with presents just for each other

We opened up each and every present, getting closer with each one. The amount of gifts I got just this morning is unruly but once will always stand out to me.

The Oreo necklaces. One for me, the other for him.

 One for me, the other for him