Chapter 5 - Cold?

"And... they're gone. All right, lads, lady?" Cutter calls and wearily, Nate opens his eyes and looks over to see Sully doing the same. He places a gentle hand on (Y/N), who jolts but then calms at his touch. 

She glances over at Cutter, his hands on his knees with a smirk. Sully laughs, hitting Nate's arm and sitting up with a groan. "Oh, God."

"Thought you were gonna put a silencer on that thing?" She questions.

"Darling, you got no sense of drama." Cutter replies, laughing and she rolls her eyes jokingly. "Right."

Cutter helps Sully up. "All that racket is gonna bring the cops any minute."

Nate stands and holds out a hand, gently pulling (Y/N) up and not letting go.

"Let's get the hell outta here." Sully says.

"You coulda pulled a couple of those punches, Cutter." Nate grumbles.

"What d'ya mean? I barely touched you."

"You headbutted me!" Nate exclaims and Cutter shrugs. "All right, all right, I got a little swept up in the moment. You were the one who said 'make it look realistic'." He reminds him.

"Better stay on his good side." Sully jokes.

"All right, Bright Eyes, look sharp." Cutter talks down a radio. "They're coming your way, don't lose 'em."

Nate takes a necklace out his pocket, the ring dangling on the end of it. "Told you they'd take the bait."

"How long do you reckon before they realise this is a fake?" (Y/N) questions.

"Who cares?" He puts the necklace back around his neck. "We finally flushed 'em out."

"Now we just follow them back to their hole." Sully adds. The four walk off and Nate interlocks our fingers, frowning at the older man. "You do realise you make everything sound dirty?"

"I do?"

Laughing, (Y/N) shakes her head and Cutter motions to the three. "Let's get moving." Police sirens suddenly sound in the distance and (Y/N) groans in annoyance. "Shit, the filth."

"This way." Sully points down a tiny alleyway where they could carefully squeeze through. "What?" Cutter holds a face of surprise and fear as he watches him shimmy through.

(Y/N) lets go of Nate's hand and he goes second. Patting Charlie on the back, she points to where Sully and Nate wait, impatiently. "C'mon, big guy, what's the hold up?" She asks.

"Nothing. Yeah, yeah, all right." He mutters to himself. "It'll all be over soon, it'll all be over soon, it'll all be over soon." He repeats, quickly moving through the gap. "Oh, that wasn't too bad." He sighs in relief and (Y/N) follows behind.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Nate says, confused.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

Nate raises an eyebrow and takes the lead this time, heading to a metal fence and vaulting over. The three follow him and he shakes his head. "It's blocked."

He then motions to a circuit box. "Wait, we can get around this way." He says, beginning to climb the pipes.

"Yeah, yeah, right or we could just use a little muscle." Cutter shrugs, kicking open the blocked gates.