Chapter 11 - Burn

The three walk in, the light from Nate's torch glowing the area in a soft orange. "Looks like the family crypt. Your pal Godfrey must be down here then, huh?" Sully states.

"With any luck. If he knew anything about the 'Atlantis of the Sands', he took it with him to the grave." Nate replies.

"So, let's find the grave."

Nate walks up to the mechanism in the middle of the room, opposite from the symbols on the wall and places the torch in the hold. "What's this? A medieval gameshow?"

"Pretty elaborate."

Nate begins pulling the handle, letting the roll show the different symbols that were also on the wall. Using the pirate ship wheel, he turns the different pictures and places them in a pattern, over the correct symbols. Everything shifts from place, the wall at the bottom of the puzzle lifting, only a small gap.

"Looks inviting." (Y/N) jokes, jogging over to it and Nate picks back up the torch. The three crouching down under, straightening up on the other side.

"Lord Godfrey, I presume." Sully says, motioning to the stone coffin at the back, a statue of a mummy looking figure on the top.

"The one and only." Nate sighs. "Here hold this would ya." He says, passing the torch to his girlfriend and pushes the lid halfway off, revealing the skeletal remains.

"Look, it's some sort of amulet." He picks it up, studying it closer. "Something written here." He blows the dirt and dust off the top, taking out his journal to take a quick sketch.

"Gonna do that right on top of Lancelot, huh?" Sully says, chuckling.

"Uh-huh. It's in Sabaean script."

"Well that would be from ancient Yemen all right." (Y/N) reminds him and he nods. "Yeah, exactly where Francis Drake would've landed back in the 16th century. Could be the name of a city?"

"Yeah, from 3000 years ago. Without the rest of that inscription, we still don't know where to look." Sully states.

"Let's hope the other half is in Syria." Nate says. "Yeah and that Cutter and Chloe find it." (Y/N) adds.

The trio turn back, crouching back under the small gap. On the other side, however, appears Talbot and two of his men and they go to grab their guns when he tuts: "ah, I wouldn't recommend that."

"Nice work. Harris, please relieve Mr.Drake of the artefact." Talbot instructs.

The one on the left of Talbot walks forward. "Yeah, Harris, come get it." Nate taunts. Once close enough, he grabs his gun to wrestle it off him, but Talbot shoots, the bullet skimming Nate's arm.

"Now - it's hardly worth dying over, is it? Your friend and your girlfriend doesn't think so."

"Nate..." (Y/N) warns, but he sighs, handing the amulet over.

Once Harris returns back to Talbot, clicking, vibrating noises sound of that of a type of insect. Then , out of nowhere, thousands of spider like creatures appear, surrounding all areas, but that of light.

"What the hell..." Sully mumbles.

"Stay in the light." (Y/N) orders, holding the torch out and sticking close to the two.

The spiders engulf Harris, but Talbot doesn't care, instructing the second man to quickly grab the amulet. The two men back up, and he laughs a sinister laugh. "Your torch seems to be dying out. Good luck with that."

With those final words, he exits the area, closing the doors firmly shut behind them.

"God, what a dick." Sully exclaims.