Chapter 18 - Pirates

Waking up, (Y/N) groans in pain and squints at the sudden bright light.

"So our princess awakes." A voice sounds, their accent thick.

Trying to bring her hands up, she begins to panic at not being able to move them and the mysterious person laughs. "Don't worry. Your hands are just a bit tied at the moment."

More laughs are heard and she opens her eyes wider, beginning to take in her surroundings. It was the interior of a ship, swaying on a seemingly calm ocean. Boxes of crates were stacked up to the side and (Y/N) looks down, her hands tied behind her and her feet strapped to the legs of a wooden chair.

In front of (Y/N) was a man. He was dressed like that of a pirate, ammo strapped to his waist and a hat sat, lopsided, on his head. "Rameses is expecting you awake. He'll be joining us shortly." 

"Well, we wanna make sure I look my best. Got a bathroom anyway?" (Y/N) asks and he chuckles. "I don't think so. You're not moving out of that chair unless he gives you permission to do so."

Nodding, she looks around at various members of the crew stood positioned and she laughs. "Do you need this many backup? Afraid of a little woman?" She mocks.

"It's just precaution. I know what your type is like."

"Oh yeah? Enlighten me."

(Y/N) continues to distract him with the conversation, her hands moving slowly and the rope loosening against her wrists.

"A thief. A no-good treasure hunter, only looking out for themselves." He says and the crew nod.

"You have no idea." She whispers, feeling the rope come off entirely. "I'm only a thief if there's something worth thieving." She adds and he frowns. "I'd like to say I'm also a very good talker and you're not very attentive."

(Y/N) reveals her now free hands and the man's eyes widen, springing into action. She reacts quicker, punching him and sending him sprawling to the floor. The rest jump forward and she's quick to untie the ropes bounding her legs, kicking one man away and standing up.

Grabbing the chair, (Y/N) hits two with it, both falling unconscious and proceeds to take out the rest.

The leader, who was the one talking, lies on the floor with a bloody nose and mouth, his eyes barely staying open. Crouching down next to him, (Y/N) sighs, digging a hand through his pockets and taking anything worth of value.

"You're right about me being a thief. And about the backup... Could've done with more." She shrugs, patting his cheek and standing back up.

Running out of the room, she notices how the movement had become more violent, the calmness changed to rough seas. (Y/N) makes her way out onto deck. The wind violently attacks, the sea flowing overboard and the rain pouring heavily.

Finally, she realises she's on top deck, and makes her way past various crates and surprisingly, a few dead bodies. "That's gotta be Nate..." She breathes, although uncertain.

The red sliding door had already been pulled open, and cautiously she makes her way inside to the exposed ballroom. More bodies litters the floor and she moves her way over to one, kneeling down.

(Y/N)'s fingers brush the gun next to him, but before she gets a chance to grab a hold of it, a hand grabs her hair, pulling her back. "You thought you could get away?" The man from before spits, the blood dried on his face.

"Let me go!" She screams, struggling in his grip, but he still manages to pull her up by the hair.

"Hadha yakfi!" A voice orders. [Arabic for that's enough.]