Chapter 21 - Chase

Dawn had risen.

Salim takes the lead. "To the convoy... follow me this way!" He calls. His tribe had agreed to join the three on the takedown of the convoy holding Sully. (Y/N) follows behind Nate and Salim, on her own horse as the rest are behind. They continue on through the rocky outcropping of the desert, the only thing on her mind was saving Sully.

"Careful... this pass is narrow!" Salim yells and (Y/N) strains to hear him.

"Salim, is it much further?" Nate asks, following behind in a line to get through the passage.

"We are nearly there. The convoy will be up ahead!"

"Be careful, (Y/N)." Nate instructs, looking back quickly to make sure she was alright. ''We're nearly there.'' He repeats Salim's words and she nods. 

"There they are! The convoy is right below!" Salim points out, exiting the pass and looking down at the path.

The tribe carries on in formation, but she could see Nate was getting restless up front, and he wasn't the only one.

"This a shortcut, just stay with me." Salim reassures.

He leads them down a pathway, secluded from the convoy until they come out the other side. "We're nearly there, come on!"

(Y/N) follows the two down the hill, their path merging with that of the convoy. "Quickly, now is our chance! Let's go!" Salim shouts.

"Drake, (Y/N), get on the trucks. Take them out!" He orders and (Y/N) pulls out her gun, aiming at the right.

"I got left!" Nate says.

"Our friend's probably at the front." She informs Salim. "Look for the lead car, that's where Sullivan is."

Nate and (Y/N) go forward, trying to reach the first car.  "Think I got this horse thing down." He jokes and she laughs, shaking her head.

"C'mon, cowboy. I'm right with you, let's go." She tells him and he nods, pushing ahead.

The two cars ahead hold heavy machine guns and (Y/N) jumps onto a truck, hiding behind cover. Nate joins her, loading up with an RPG and she does the same.

"Ready?" He questions and she gives him an answer, the two looking out and firing. Nate takes out one and (Y/N) takes out the other. She then jumps over the side, back down onto her horse and Salim rides up alongside the two.

"Stay with me, come on, we're nearly there." He says.

The three take out the men on bikes and some from the trucks. "Quickly, through the canyon. We must get to the lead vehicles!" Salim orders.

Once they're going through the canyon, out of nowhere, one of their men jump on Nate, knocking him off his horse.

"Nate!" (Y/N) turns around, pulling back.

A truck keeps coming, knocking the man with it and she rides back to Nate, holding out her hand. "Come on, take my hand!" She shouts and he grabs it, hauling him up, his arms wrapping around her waist.

"Kind of a romantic ride, huh?" He chuckles.

"You've got a funny idea of romantic." She whispers in a breath and he laughs. "Heard that one before."

They manage to join up with Salim, Nate's horse riding beside him and he jumps across to it. The group continues on, taking out as many of the people as they could, until finally, they're almost at the front of the convoy.

"Sully!" (Y/N) yells over all the noise. "Sullivan, you in there?" Nate adds, the pair coming to a jeep.

The door opens and an agent leans out, aiming his pistol. Luckily for them, Sully punches the guy, making him fall out of the moving vehicle.