Chapter 14 - Cutter And The Escape

"Looks like we're gonna have to squeeze through here." Chloe says but Cutter groans in response and (Y/N) sighs. "You guys go on ahead, I'll help Charlie."

The three of them make their way through the tiny gap and Cutter stops himself, shaking his head. Gently, she places her hand on his shoulder. "Just - just - just..." He mutters.

"C'mon, buddy. You're okay." She pats his shoulder and Nate looks back at them, but she gives him a small nod.

"Where are you taking me?" Cutter mumbles.

"We're just gonna get right through here, okay?" (Y/N) tells him.

"Just why are you doing this?" Cutter asks, his voice worried and they make their way through. "You're gonna be alright, mate, I promise." She responds, patting his shoulder.

"Stop touching me!" He yells.

"You're all right. Take it easy, just take it easy, Charlie." (Y/N) instructs.

"All right, we're through!" Nate yells back at them. "Wait, there's another passage up ahead." Sully adds.

"Just go on! I've got him." (Y/N) shouts.

"Yeah and I'm here with her!" Nate says and she smiles, still moving along with Charlie. "C'mon, hun, we're almost there." She whispers and Cutter rambles nonsense. (Y/N)'s hand stays on his shoulder, guiding him forward. "I can't breathe." Cutter repeats over and over again. "I've got to get out." He shouts, frantic.

Pushing him out, the pair come out of the small gap and he stumbles forward whereNate stands there waiting. "Calm down, all right?" He warns.

"You go first this time, (Y/N). I got him." He instructs and she nods, giving him a kiss and pushing herself in the gap.

Cutter once again stops himself and Nate places his hand on him. "That's it. Charlie, go on, just one more..."

"I won't let you!" (Y/N) hears Cutter yell. Already halfway through, she panics for Nate's safety and finds herself going back towards them. Stumbling out of the gap, she spots Cutter with his hands around Nate's neck, strangling the life out of him. "Cutter!" She yells, running over and trying to tackle him.

"Charlie!" She pleads, Sully and Chloe joining them. Sully pulls out his gun and both Chloe and (Y/N) hold their hands up. "What are y-"

"Get back! Sully orders and Chloe stands in front of him, allowing (Y/N) to place her hands on Cutter's face. "Charlie, you're killing Nate. Okay? You gotta listen to me, you are killing Nate." Cutter releases his grip and Chloe runs over to him. "Charlie!"

Nate falls to the floor, coughing and (Y/N) kneels down next to him, watching Cutter fall back, confused. 

"Nate..." She breathes out, her fingers carefully brushing his neck and he regains breath. "I'm alright." He coughs out, Sully joining them, the worried expression clear on his face. "I'm alright - I'm alright." He repeats, still coughing and leaning against Sully and (Y/N) for support.

"Nate, Nate, Nate, I'm really sorry." Cutter apologises, coming over. Nate pats him, and then shoves him away. "We're even."

(Y/N) pulls her boyfriend in for a hug, burying her face in his chest at the thought of losing him. "Now you know how I felt at Shambhala." He mentions and she looks up with a glare. "Don't even go there." She mutters and he chuckles, kissing the top of her head.

They hug for another minute before he pulls away, picking up his burnt out torch and relighting it again with the brazier of fire.

"Hold on a sec - you weren't..." Cutter begins, chuckling. "You weren't gonna shoot me, were ya mate?"