Ch 6-An earful

Love can be described in so many ways, but betrayal is something else, for it can be shown in the worse possible way.

Sometimes, she had dreamed of weird dreams, and sometimes, uncomfortable dreams.

Ever since she was little, she would wake and cry in her pillow, sweat rolling of her face, giving such a salty scent.

Her mother once told her that dreams are way to tell you that something unique will happen.

Her exact words, she remembers so well, were, "Don't be scared, dreams are nice, its like something special is going to happen."

Kougyoku wasn't really sure on the special part, but they definitely signal something.

Throwing her hand in the air, she always imagined herself as bird who was caged, yearning to fly in the skies, to be free from these duties of hers,

Nonetheless, she had to get ready, after all, she had to go to Reim to give her presentation.

As she let the water pour over her in the bathroom, she suddenly remembered that Ka Kabon was going to "supervise" her.

"I am going be deaf by the end of the day" she groaned. 

She grabbed a towel and started drying herself. As she dragged the towel across her left arm, she flinched.

There was burn scars and a knife scar all over her left arm. Not very presentable for an empress.

A few years ago, she would've freaked out by these scars. But now, she couldn't care less.

"Things change so fast." she muttered to herself.

She stepped out of the shower and dressed herself, preparing for a long day of traveling.

She did her hair normally, letting the two loops bounce loosely

 Grabbing all the papers, she opened the door to find the least person she wanted to meet at the moment.

Dressed in his normal yellow clothes, he looked refreshed.

The only part that was not refreshing was his face, which was scrunched up in a emotion that she had not seen in days.

Ka Koubon was standing in front of her, and she gulped

She did the most smartest thing ever to do that kind of situation.

She said...

"Hello, Ka Koubon, how was your trip?" She faked smile, hoping to fool him

But knowing him better, it would, of course, not work.  What was she thinking!!!

Ka Koubon didn't say anything, but his eyes said it all and he opened his mouth, 

"WHAT THE HELL. PRINCESS, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!" he screamed.

Kougyoku instantly dropped the papers and covered her ears.

She was definitely going deaf. Period.

"YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. DID YOU THINK THAT IT IS DANGEROUS TO GO OUTSIDE? YOU ARE THE EMPRESS, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!"

"I was taking a nice walk and ....." she started but instantly her voice drowned in his yelling.

"OH A WALK, WELL PRINCESS, YOU COULD'VE WALKED WITH GUARDS IF YOU WERE THAT DESPERATE. WHAT DID YOU GAIN FROM THAT NICE WALK OF YOURS! NOTHING. YOU WALKED INTO YOUR OWN DEATH TRAP"

Kougyoku froze.

"I leave for a week and look what happens. You literally walked towards your grave."

She couldn't hear that. Of course she couldn't. How dumb could she be.

The men. They were only targeting woman. They were trained to. To take only woman.

"Princess"

She looked at up to see an angry Ka Koubon, but she could now that the anger was dissipating

He sighed, "Well, come on princess, we have a long day ahead of us."

"Of course" the princess replied. But her train of thought were set on the men.

"The men carried special daggers with them. The knife were not suitable for battles. Only for throwing. Most likely for people who got in their way. No, maybe for something else, It did have ancient engravings in it, Maybe it was for a special purpose." She thought, desperate for a correct answer.

"Princess" Ka Koubon recited as he waved his hand in front of her face.

"Oh..yes, what is it." 

"You are staring out. You need to focus."

"He's right I do" she thought as she shook her head.

She looked up at her attendant. He was always their whenever she needed him. She smiled at him.

"I'm sorry for being so selfish, Ka Koubon. I should've been more careful. I am sorry for interrupting your vacation. Do you need another one. I could give you a longer one if you want." she asked.

Ka Koubon looked mortified by her answer. "Are you out of you mind, princess, who knows what could happen to you if I take that long vacation, For all we know, I could be attending your funeral when I would get back!"

She laughed lightly. "Always caring aren't you" she said

Although she didn't see it, she not see the extraordinary gift she posses. but it will shows, once her limit is beyond any kind of help, the  people will know how big the power of love really is, mixed with purity and a bit of savagery.