Ch 14- My dead will

Hoseki couldn't stand.....not anymore at least.

"What can I do anymore" she muttered to herself.

"I couldn't save my home...nonetheless, him"

Hoseki let the water rinse her body, as she opened a small bottle of black dye and the she poured a moderate amount into her blistered hand.

She lifted her hand to scrub her hair and she watched as some of black dye fell out of her hand and spilled into the water that covered her feet.

"It looks like a....hole of nothing" she thought as the water turned black as the night sky without a moon.

A hole that she had already entered.... and couldn't get out of.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once, she got out of the bathroom, she saw Aina already sleeping.

"That girl...I told her to wait so we can eat dinner." she thought as she blew out the little candle in the corner.

Hoseki gently rolled Aina over so that she could lay beside her on the small bed and then she took the thin cloth to cover them both.

As she laid there in the darkness, her thoughts ran wild as her mind wandered back to the day she was kidnapped.

"Your reign is over"

Those words haunted her mind like a parasite.

"Saito.... I hope he rots in hell.." Hoseki thought as she wished for nothing more than to kill that traitor with her own hands.

Hoseki pulled her hands out of the blanket and raised them to the air, with her palms facing towards.

They were marked with scars, blisters, and red scratches from the endless labor that she had done, and they were nothing like the soft beautiful hands she had before.

Her mother used to hold her hands and tell her how beautiful her small hands were and then she would tickle them, and then she would laugh.

"Mom...I'm gonna survive no matter what...I promise" Hoseki whispered as her eyes drifted into sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Hoseki's routine repeated as she woke up first and then shook Aina awake, and got up from their tiny cot to go to the bathroom and wash her face.

After eating her breakfast, she and Aina went outside to do the labor that was assigned to them, as their job was to tend to men's laundry or serve food.

"Pitiful....Has my nation come so far to slavery..." Hoseki thought as she scrubbed a man's shirt along the washing rack.

The men that Hoseki was attending to were men that were slave holders and bargained numerous women once in a while.

Hoseki had been bargained at least 5 times for the past 3 years, and she considered herself lucky to not be touched by one of those foul creatures.

"But...it could one or two more days until they take it all away." Hoseki thought as she moved on to the next piece of clothing.

She continued to work until she heard s distant scream from behind her.

"AAAAAHHHHH......NO....STOPPP...PLEASE SPAR..." 

Hoseki turned her head to only see a women being held by a slave holder.

"What's the matter, sweetie?? I thought you would like some fun" as the slave holder stoked her face.

The woman cringed and turned her face as the slave holder suddenly grabbed her hair and then dragged her to a nearby room.

"NOOO...PLEASE...Stoppppp" the women cried as the man entered the room and closed the door.

Hoseki didn't flinch. She couldn't. She was used to this stuff by now.

It wasn't a good thing, at least in her opinion.

She looked at the sky and wondered if she hadn't been in this situation, would she have been married, with her brothers smiling at her, and would she have beautiful children?

Hoseki tightened her grip on the clothing and sighed.

"What are you doing, Hoseki, go back to work. " Aina asked and she walked up to her with a bucket of water.

"Ok, ok, I will" Hoseki lightly laughed as she went back to work. 

"Typical Aina, she's so bossy" she thought.

Aina lightly smiled at her laughing face and then looked at the ground, hesitant, and then looked back at her and asked...

"Hoseki...Don't you have the will to keep on moving?"

Hoseki stopped for a second to look at Aina and then went back to work.

"My will is dead" she simply said.