Ch 7- Stubbornness

"Woman, huh"

"They probably want to torment them, making, no, forcing them to make more slaves. Stupid damn bastards"

"What's with the knife though?

"Maybe it has a greater purpose...no, then they would've shown it when they had lost the women to me or killed the woman, like the general said"\

Kougyoku sighed. She was going no where with these thoughts in her head.

"Ka Koubon, when are we leaving"

"After noon, princess"

Kougyoku and Ka Koubon were now gathering the scrolls and papers need for the presentation and putting them in a pouch to ensure their safety.

"How was your trip?" 

"It was nice."

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh come on, it was just more than nice, I bet you met a nice lady there" She raised both of her eyebrows this time, struggling to wiggle them.

Ka Koubon, in short terms, was unimpressed.

"No, I was not enchanted by a pretty lady and please, princess, stop doing the very unladylike eyebrow wiggle" 

She laughed. It felt good.

"I was just teasing you!"

"Princess, you are empress of this land, please refrain yourself from doing those things"

"I am still a human, Ka Koubon. Humans are born with a variety of emotions and I will indeed use them" she said softly

He looked at the princess. Ka Koubon sometimes the little girl he met so long was now the ruler of the land she was previously a princess of. 

"Time does go fast, doesn't it, princess" he asked Kougyoku

She looked at the sky. 

She remembered the time she was sent to Balbadd. 

She remembered when she met Sinbad, her first love. 

She remembered the time her father denounced her in front of the whole court. 

She remembered when she stayed in Sindria. 

She remembered when she fought with Sinbad and let a monster enter her, ruining her.

She remembered when she fought along side her siblings.

She remembered when she found out that Alibaba and Judar had died, and how she cried and suffered.

She remembered when she fought in the civil war, and when she destroyed her family.

She remembered when she bore a strong hatred for Sinbad

She remembered looking outside and watching the fallen land dig deeper in its grave

She cried and she faked.

She saw Alibaba help her save her empire.

She saw when Aladdin, Morgiana, and Hakuryuu came back.

She saw when Judar came back.

She fell into Sinbad's hands again, for she remembered

Then, she saw when Alibaba saved her again.

She fought and fought.

"From the very beginning, my life was hell" She thought

She reminisces her past, how blood filled the picture.

She was still alive, unlike her mother and father.

She laughed in the inside

" I am so stubborn" She thought once more.

She remembers how her mother died in front of her, slashed down by mere soldiers, releasing her inner rage and brought it out into the real world. 

Blood once again, filled the picture.

She was so stubborn.

After a few seconds, she looked at Ka Koubon.

"Yes, it really does" she solemnly replied.

They picked up the loaded pouch and walked towards the front of the palace where a handful of soldiers stood awaiting for her presence.

"Where's is the general" she shouted

"I am here, your majesty" a voice said behind her

She turned and met a man who was in his early 40's.

"Nice to be serving to you, your highness" he bowed

She smiled.

"Thanks you. I look forward to having you as the general of the soldiers."

The man smirked as he kept on bowing.

It was an evil smirk.

Kougyoku should've recognized him. She could've saved Ka Koubon from a horrible fate that was yet to come. 

She could've saved herself.