Chapter 3 - Locked Away

As you can guess, the guy in the pic is Naomi's father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi pov:

My body trembled and I gasped for air as if I was being choked. Tears prickled my eyes and I wondered what I had done to deserve being in this situation again – standing in front of the man I dreaded and feel like I would be crushed under his penetrating gaze alone. All the memories of when I was younger and lived at the mercy of this man rushed through my mind and I flinched as he took a step closer to me. I stumbled back, wincing as the odd movement caused the bruise on my torso to throb and my father merely chuckled.

"You're living in quite a filthy place." He said as he looked around my room. "But I'm sure you find this place better than living with me, hmm?"

I clenched my fists and took another step back. I observed him for a moment – he was in an expensive suit and not casual clothes like what I remember him always wearing. He wasn't drunk but there was a mild smell of alcohol lingering ever since he stepped into my room. I also glanced at the three buff men standing outside the door and watching me with scary narrow eyes. What was going on??

"W-why are you here?" I asked, my voice coming out weak and barely above a whisper.

"Hmm? I'm here to take back the debt you owe me." He said, looking back at me with a mocking smile.

"D-debt? I don't remember t-taking any...."

"You don't remember the debt you owe me? I feel hurt, Naomi....very much hurt." He said sarcastically while clicking his tongue. "All the money I spent on you and your pathetic mother all those years ago....do you know how much that was? Do you know how much money I wasted on you two? Well, I suppose there's no point in grumbling about the past because there's a way for you to repay me now."

"I-I don't understand what you're talking about. You can see what kind of life I live s-so it's obvious that I don't have any money to give you! In f-fact, I don't even have enough money to pay this month's rent!" I said and averted my eyes uncomfortably.

"Who said I want you to pay me money?" He mused with a laugh.

"W-what?" I asked while looking at him, not understanding what he meant. "What do you mean? W-what else could you possibly...."

"It is time you came home, Naomi." He said, cutting me off and my eyes went so wide that they hurt around the edges. "It's time for you to leave this senseless, directionless life of yours behind and come home with me. Your step mother wants to see you and so does Yuuka. She's ten years old now, you know? And she's been eager to meet her sister!"

His words were scary. His smile was scary. I couldn't figure any reason why he was suddenly saying something like this. I couldn't understand why he was suddenly telling me to return 'home' as if I was actually considered a part of the family. And for him to call my life senseless and directionless so nonchalantly....what was he planning?

"I don't want to go...." I said slowly and his smile fell.

"What?" He asked, his voice now low and scary, just I always remember it to have been.

"I said I-I don't want to go. I'm living fine by myself and I'm not particular about seeing Stepmother or Yuuka so I don't want t-to go back...." I trailed off nervously.

"I didn't say you have a choice." My father said and I heard him snap his fingers. The minute he did, the three men standing outside walked into my room and began ransacking it, packing everything they could get their hands on into black duffel bags.

"H-hey! What are you doing?! Stop that!" I hollered but couldn't summon enough courage to stop them with anything besides words because they were scary looking.