Chapter 11 - Truth

Naomi pov:

I thanked the butler who opened the door and let me into the house after a long tiring day. After classes, I had headed over to my old house and met with Nanjiro san and I had given him the money I owed – I had withdrawn money from an ATM using the multiuse credit card that Kazuo san had given me. I had apologized to Nanjiro san for leaving so suddenly, that too without paying the money I was supposed to hand over within that week. He was a little angry at first but he calmed down soon enough, his mood lightening, and even offered me tea and snacks. Well, he knew I wasn't someone who would cheat him.

After clearing out dues with him, I had wandered the neighborhood for a while recalling the places I often went to, the people I often saw and relishing the general homely feel of the area. I had felt reenergized and replaced my stressed out mood with calmness. It was a break I had really needed to take for a long time but thanks to the long detour, it was already eight thirty now.

I washed up in the bathroom that was on the ground floor before going to the dining room for dinner – I was hungry and I didn't have the energy to wait until after Kazuo san was done. I joined him at the table, though he didn't even acknowledge my late arrival, and finished his dinner quickly before leaving me to eat in peace.

When I was done, I went to my room while picking up my backpack that I had left on the sofa. I stopped at the top of the stairs though, upon spotting Asahi san waiting there for me.

"Naomi sama, Toyama sama wishes to have a word with you." He said and nervousness bubbled in the pit of my stomach. What did he want to talk about? Had I done something wrong or something to annoy him again??

I inhaled deeply to ease my anxiousness a bit and nodded, allowing Asahi san to escort me to Kazuo san's office. I stepped in through the double doors gingerly, glancing at him as he sat at his desk and looked over the papers he had spread out in front of him. He appeared to be tired and blinked often, indicating that his eyes were feeling dry and strained too.

"Toyama sama?" Asahi san called and he looked up at me, his jaw clenching and his eyes narrowing.

"You're here." He said and leaned back in his seat. Frowning just a bit, he continued. "You're back unusually late today."

"I had to meet someone." I said softly and looked away from him.

"Hmm....I received a message on my phone earlier today that you withdrew twenty five thousand Yen with the card I've given you. Did you withdraw that amount?"

"I did." I answered.

"Have you already emptied the money I put into your bank account then? I know it is well past two months since we wed but I haven't seen you shop for clothes or jewelry or anything expensive....so what have you used the hundred million Yen in your bank account for?" He questioned, his eyes narrowing further.

"Hundred million?" I asked in mild disbelief. "Kazuo san, I don't know what...."

"Don't try the innocent act, Naomi. You know very well that I resent it." He cut me off, sounding quite irritated. "Nagase san clearly told me that you would not marry me until a hundred million Yen was transferred to your account prior to our marriage. I did that and, as your husband, I believe I have the right to question you about what you did with all that money for it is not a small amount. I clearly cannot see you having used it for any clothes or jewelry....so what have you done with it? Have you, perhaps, given it to your father?"

Kazuo san's words stunned me. He had transferred a hundred million Yen to my account before we got married? Because my father said I wouldn't get married unless I received the money before the wedding?? What more discussions had been had between my father and Kazuo san for this marriage to take place?