Chapter 9 - Brutal Possessiveness

Naomi pov:

"Kazuo kun! Lovely to see that you and your wife attended!"

Looking ahead, I saw a middle aged man with a plump midsection walking towards us with a beaming smile. He and Kazuo san exchanged handshakes and I greeted him with a smile while bowing my head in respect.

"Houtachi san, it's nice to see you after so long. I hope you and your family have been doing well." Kazuo san said.

"We've been fine, my boy. I assume things are going well for you too." He said with a teasing grin while eying me that caused me to blush a bit.

"Yes, they've been fine. Naomi, this is Houtachi san, a long time business partner of Toyama Corporations. He's been a great patron, helping me to rise to where I am today." Kazuo san introduced, having ignored the obvious teasing.

"I see. It's a pleasure to meet you, Houtachi san, and thank you for looking out for the company." I said and once again bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Naomi san. You're wife is so polite, isn't she, Kazuo kun? It must be quite lovely being in her company." He responded with a laugh.

"Of course, Houtachi san." Kazuo san responded and wrapped an arm around my waist. I tensed and heat rushed to my cheeks at the gesture. "Despite this being an arranged marriage, we've come to enjoy each other's company. We're happy together, aren't we, Naomi?"

I only felt more flustered at Kazuo san's words even though I figured that this was all just an act. I felt him squeeze my waist lightly and I nearly jumped out of my skin as I looked at him while blushing darker. He was looking down at me sharply, but with his smile still in place, and I realized that he wanted me to go along with his acting and answer.

"O-of course, Kazuo san. I'm happy to be your wife." I said airily and I could almost see the steam coming off my cheeks.

"You're flustering her, Kazuo kun! Look at how she's blushing!" Houtachi san said with another hearty laugh. "It's good to see you youngsters so in love! It brings back good memories! Alright then, carry on, you two. I have to meet up with my son to discuss the funding mumbo-jumbo of his partner's company."

The moment he walked away, Kazuo san let go of me and his expression turned to amuse and mild irritation. "Great acting there, Naomi. You must have a lot of experience with men to be able to pull off that innocent look so well."

"Kazuo san, I haven't...."

"Toyama! Great to see you!" A man perhaps the same age as Kazuo san cut me short as he came to greet him.

"Tadashi." Kazuo acknowledged him with a smile and turned to me for a minute. "This is Tadashi Mako, a childhood friend and the CEO of Tada Groups."

"It's nice to meet you, Tadashi san." I wished with a chaste bow, barely having recovered from what had happened in front of Houtachi san.

"Lovely to make your acquaintance too, Mrs. Toyama! And congratulations on getting married to this stuck up brat." He said cheerily and I glanced at Kazuo san awkwardly only to find him, for the first time since I'd been with him, smiling like he meant it.

"You're as rude as ever." He said with a light laugh that made my heart skip a beat. So Kazuo san did have people he could smile and laugh with – I was glad for that.

"And you're probably still as stuck up as ever! I know you didn't want to get married but you are now so treat your wife well, yeah? She looks like a sweetheart." Tadashi san said and gave a playful punch to Kazuo san's shoulder. I blushed at the compliment I received.