Chapter 5 - First Day

This chapter is dedicated to kiwi_smileXD! Happy reading!

Everyone say hello to hottie Kazuo san in the pic! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kazuo pov: [name means harmonious man]

I sighed deeply as I looked through some documents, feeling a strain begin to build between my brows. I pressed my temples once with my fingers before authorizing the documents with my signature. I then closed the leather folder in which the documents were filed and handed it to my personal secretary Asahi.

"Has Takashi san got back to us on the shipment we requested?" I asked him curtly.

"Yes, Toyama sama. He apologized for the delay in dispatching the parts we ordered – it is on the way now and will be reaching our factory by tomorrow afternoon." He answered.

"I see....then I suppose I'll have to call the client and tell him that there will be a delay in sending the finished goods to him. It was a good thing that we didn't announce the release date for the new computer model yet." I said and leaned back in my seat. "What about the money Ohara owes us?"

"He's yet to deposit the forty million into our account and he's been avoiding our calls for the past three days. I am unable to reach his personal secretary too."

I scoffed and leaned back in my seat. "That fool thinks he can walk out on me without repaying his debt....I'll send in a warning letter to them. I'll send a hard copy and a soft copy to them right now."

I straightened up and reached for my laptop so I could type out the notice letter in the company's letter head. Just as I began typing it, I looked up at Asahi when he spoke.

"Perhaps you can send in the notice tomorrow, Toyama sama. It is late and I wish to go home for the day as well." He said and I glanced at the clock on the wall – it was fifteen minutes past twelve already.

"With all the work that has piled up, I can't even keep track of the time." I said with a sigh and closed my laptop, putting it to sleep. "We'll wrap up for today then, Asahi. I apologize for keeping you so late."

"It's not a problem, Sir." He said with a smile, bowed and excused himself from my office.

I stayed seated for a few minutes while rubbing my dry, tired eyes and pressing my forehead that was lightly throbbing. I had slept very little for the past four days since I worked until the wee hours of the morning to make up for the time I lost to preparing for the unnecessary wedding. It had to be extravagant, since Nagase san said that his daughter wanted the wedding to be as posh as possible. I wasn't surprised in the least by the request, or the fact that Naomi saw no need to meet me before the wedding. Since this was a political marriage – money for money of sorts – there was no need for us to really bother with each other's personal lives. This was all a show, a deal, just like all other political marriages I had been proposed with.

In actuality, I had no use or desire to marry but with nonsensical rumors about me beginning to crop up, I decided to go through with a wedding with some rules laid down and as little contact with my so called wife as possible.

I finally got up from my seat, deciding to turn in for the night. I exited my office while turning off the lights and locked it – I preferred to keep important things away and out of sight of even the maids and butlers in the house. I trusted no one and wouldn't allow even the slightest slip up in matters of the company I had shed blood to bring to this level.

I walked down the corridor that led to my room, frowning when I approached the door of the room where Naomi was allocated to stay and stopped when I was in front of it. It was closed and I heard no sound from inside. I had questioned a maid about Naomi after dinner since she hadn't joined me. I assumed that she had gone off on her own to a luxury potluck party or gathering, ignoring basic courtesy to have a meal with me on our wedding day, but I was surprised to hear that she hadn't left the room for even a moment. I was curious even now as to what she was doing by herself in the room.