Chapter 8 - Party

This chapter is dedicated to ErzaSenju! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi pov:

I rubbed my tired, dry eyes, having put down my pen for a few minutes. I leaned back in my chair as well and stayed with my eyes closed just until I almost fell asleep. I shook my head to get the sleep out of my eyes so I could concentrate on studying some more.

Midterms were just around the corner and I had to make sure I scored well to stay in the top five of the class. No matter what had happened, I wanted to keep my scholarship and finish my education with it.

The relationship between Kazuo san and I had got just a bit better ever since I began preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner for us. He no longer had that inhospitable aura when he was around me even though we still barely talked to each other unless it was about anything really important. Not much had changed in the way we interacted with each other but I felt that the gap between us had reduced just a tiny bit.

I was glad that I also got to see the more serene and humane side of him these days.

The overwhelming suffocation I had been feeling before had gone away for the most part but my anxiousness and uneasiness hadn't reduced much. I still felt really worried that something I did would make Kazuo san angry and we would go back to how we were in the first few weeks after our marriage. As such, I've been very cautious and careful to not do or say anything that I think might annoy him.

For the past week and a half, and the last three days in particular, I had been noticing Kazuo san glance at me every now and then during meals, observe me for a few moments while seemingly lost in thought and then get back to eating as if there was nothing out of the ordinary. It's made me self conscious and curious and flustered but I haven't been able to summon enough courage to ask him about it.

Kazuo san has remained quite busy with his office work and I still haven't got the chance to tell him about my father who had happened to visit us once last month to discuss further funding in their partnership. Kazuo san had decided to invest another five hundred million despite not having got much of a profit from his previous investment, all because my father insisted that profits would triple over the next two years. I knew he was lying and he had smirked at me knowing very well from the atmosphere in the house that things weren't smooth between me and Kazuo san and that there was probably no way for me to be able to tell him what my father was planning.

As right as he was about the distance in our relationship, my resolve to protect Kazuo san had only got stronger. I made up my mind that I would create an opportunity to tell him about this if I couldn't find an opportunity....although, that was something tough to do too. I really had to figure out how to break the ice and talk to Kazuo san soon.

"Naomi sama?" A voice broke me from my train of thought and looked at the open door of my room to see Asahi san standing there.

"Asahi san, please come in." I said while getting up from my seat.

"I apologize for disturbing you while you're studying but Toyama sama asked me to bring you this." He said and held out a brand new laptop when he was just a few feet away from me. It was matt finished silver with the Toyama Corporation logo engraved on the cover. "It is the latest model designed by Toyama sama himself with a two fifty six gigabytes Solid State Drive and five hundred gigabyte hard disk for data storage. It has an i7 quad core processor and a gaming graphic card."

I stared at it dumbly for a moment. From the looks and description, I was sure this cost a fortune. I didn't want to own something so expensive and I had no need for such a high configuration laptop to begin with.