Chapter 17 - Family

Naomi pov:

"Who is this important guest, Naomi? Why all the secrecy?" Kazuo san asked. We were in the living room sitting next to each other on the couch and waiting for our special guest to arrive. It was just five minutes before seven thirty and Kazuo san was getting a little impatient with the waiting and secrecy.

"How can I tell you who it is when it's supposed to be a surprise?" I mused with a soft laugh. "He'll be here soon so just wait till then, okay?"

Kazuo san shook his head in amuse and put his arm around my shoulder to pull me close to himself. He brought his face close to mine and I blushed, making him smile playfully. He glanced at my lips and leaned in to kiss me but I covered his mouth with my hand. He met my eyes again and raised a brow.

"K-Kazuo san, what if a maid or butler walks in??" I said, flustered.

He slowly moved my hand off his mouth and said, "That doesn't matter – we are husband and wife and a husband and wife kissing is quite normal."

"I-I know, but still!" I hollered. "It's embarrassing..."

He chuckled softly but didn't give me a chance to escape again. He held the side of my face and kissed me with his eyes closed. I couldn't resist and I closed my eyes too while gripping his suit in my fists and kissed back, parting my lips to accept his caressing and caress him in return. My heart was beating fast and I felt extremely content as he tenderly rubbed my cheek with his thumb as he kissed me and tightened his arm that was around my shoulders to hold me closer to himself. He was pouring his affection for me through the kiss and I felt the most loved I had ever felt in my entire life.

We drowned in the kiss for several minutes before pulling away. I was a little lightheaded and I blushed darkly when Kazuo san smiled at me so tenderly. Feeling too flustered, I covered my face with my hands. Kazuo san chuckled and pulled me into an embrace with my face in his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head and we stayed like that until we heard the doorbell.

I straightened up and cleared my throat to compose myself. I also felt a little nervous because I was sure Kazuo san would become tense and unhappy seeing Father-in-law now...but I had confidence that he wouldn't be resentful or hurting anymore after the talk today.

Kazuo san did tense when Father-in-law entered and he glanced at me with a frown once before standing up. He shoved his hands into his pocket and an air of hostility rose around him.

"What are you doing here?" Kazuo san asked sharply, looking at Father-in-law with such detest but the latter looked very different than how he was the last time he visited us – he wasn't smiling or cheerful and seemed uneasy, nervous and afraid. He looked at me and I smiled with a chaste bow.

"Kazuo san, Father-in-law said he has something important to talk to you about. That's why he's here," I said while placing my hand on Kazuo san's arm gently.

"He has something important to talk about? And how do you know that? Don't tell me...you've been in contact with him even though you know I loathe him," Kazuo san said to me, narrowing his eyes.

"I happened to meet him only once after the day he came to have dinner with us, Kazuo san," I said. "Please hear what he has to say – I know you're not very comfortable with talking to him but please give him a chance to tell you what he's wanted to all this time."

Kazuo san's eyes softened just a bit as he looked down at me but he also seemed troubled as he sighed deeply. "Alright...I'll listen to what you have to say. Make it quick."

"Why don't you go to your office and talk?" I coaxed. "I'll get some tea."

Kazuo san seemed reluctant but agreed and strode up the stairs and to his office room. Father-in-law hadn't followed and looked pale and unwell. He was sweating too and seemed to be panicking on the inside.