Too Close

It had been some days after your argument with Roger and you had set up a date with Alex tonight.You had come back from the gig location so the boys each had returned to their own flats but you were still living out of your trailer.

You had apologized to Alex from Roger's side and he'd said "If I had a best friend as gorgeous as you, I would get a little overprotective too" You'd laughed and told him that Roger had always had a temper but he would soon understand. You had been on two dates with Alex before in a pub and it had been nice having different company for a change. Your first two dates had been extremely casual compared to the one tonight. Alex had told you he wanted to show you a good time and take you out on an amazing dinner.

You were all dolled up for your date, your first proper one in years, and you were waiting for him to come pick you up.You were nervous, you wanted things to go well. That night you had the advantage of him being drunk and in a high energy atmosphere. Now it was just the two of you in a quiet candlelit dinner.

You saw a cab pull up and Alex got out of it. He walked towards you and he was dressed in a casual shirt and jacket which instantly made you feel embarrassed because you were in a silver strapless dress. You tried to push that aside, you wanted him to at least think you put in an effort to look nice.

"Did I miss the memo? Are we going to a wedding?" Alex asked, looking at your dress and gesturing to your ensemble.

You let out a small laugh, trying not to feel ashamed of your fashion choice "I might have gone overboard?"

"That's okay, we'll look great as a couple" He said, and you put your hand in his as you got into the car.

Roger was in his apartment with Kristina in his lap.

"What do you want to do babe?" She asked him, resting her head against his chest.

"We could watch a film" He replied, tracing his hand over her back. She nodded and buried her head in his hair, straddling him.

You had arrived to a fancy restaurant a few blocks away. The date had been going fairly well and you were relaxed. Talking to Alex after so many years was easy and you had found out that he was in a music media based company. You were glad you decided to go on this third date with him, that is until things went to utter shit.

"So, what have you been up to ever since college ended?" Alex asked you from across the table. You dug into your spaghetti and looked up at him.

"Well, I bounced around a bit till I joined Jim's law firm, and worked with a lot of budding artists" You spoke between mouthfuls "A few years after, he assigned me as assistant manager to Queen. They were Smile back then"

"Queen" Alex repeated and you nodded.

"You heard them the other night, I mean a little too close" You said, referring to the small scuffle.

"Oh yes, I know of them. I've been following them a bit" He said and you raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I thought you had no idea who they were"

"Did I say that? I must have misspoken" Alex said, cocking his head and you felt weird.

"Anyways, let's not talk about them. I spend all my time with them" You said, changing topics. He simply nodded and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Do you want dessert?" You asked him, your mouth already watering at the options. You never really came out to fancy restaurants like this since they were way above your pay grade and the thought of trying out their dessert brought you elation.

"You seemed pretty...close to Roger" Alex said.

"What?" Had he completely ignored what you had said?