I Don't Dance

You stood there silently, staring at Brian, Joe and Freddie. The only sound in the room was the lingering of the cymbal you had hit so embarassingly with your leg in your attempt to get off Roger's lap. The room was quite until John, obviously, broke the silence "Well come on then. We've got an album to finish recording tonight!"

Freddie nodded in agreement, hopping into the room with much more enthusiasm than necessary, obviously in an attempt to break the awkward silence.

"Right" You spoke, and stepped out of his way, taking one look at Roger as you walked out. He was looking everywhere except you and you wanted to ask why and talk about what happened but you decided to let it go for now.

Everyone returned to their positions and resumed playing. They had finished recording their second album ever, and in a few days the release party was going to be held. For now, they were just going over any minor or significant changes they wanted to do to the tracks.

You watched as they discussed changes. You mainly watched Roger. You saw his gaze flicker to yours in between and to your surprise, instead of looking away, he smiled at you. You were so taken aback by that that you just stared. Were things going to go back to normal? You felt extremely awkward but he seemed all right. Were you just going to pretend that five minutes ago you weren't on his lap and about to kiss? You really hoped that won't be the case.

The studio phone rang and it was Miami calling you to ask their progress.

"It's actually going pretty good, they're agreeing about stuff surprisingly" You told him and he sighed "Thank god. I called because we got a last minute gig at the pub on fifth avenue"

"A gig?" You asked "Is this the best time for one? I mean they're recording and on their way to becoming international superstars. Won't a local pub taint that image?"

"They started out from a local pub, so I think this might be perfect timing. For publicity purposes, it works, doesn't it? Think about it. There's going to tons of press at the venue" Miami explained and you nodded, even though he couldn't see you.

"You're right. I'll inform the boys" And then you went and told the band your decision. They all agreed and as you looked around the room, you tried to not let your eyes linger on Roger longer but you were fooling yourself, and everyone else, when you avoided looking at him altogether.

"We're almost done in here anyway. If there's going to be press, I'm going home and taking a shower.We just need to get the equipment there" Brian told you and you nodded, arranging a van for them.

Freddie started to head out and you smiled at him but he touched your arm and pulled you closer.

"What we just walked in on- was it what I think it was? Were you two gonna kiss?" He asked, lowering his voice and you wanted to roll your eyes because even if they couldn't hear you, it was clear what you were talking about. You could feel Roger's eyes on you as you talked to Freddie.

"No Freddie, we were going to start breakdancing" You said, sarcastically. You were casual and nonchalant, as if just the mere memory of being so close to Roger's face didn't make your heart beat faster.

"Well, then remind me to kill Brian" Freddie said, disappointed and walked out. You agreed with him. If Brian hadn't walked in, you and Roger would definitely have...done things.

Brian and John followed Freddie out the door, carrying their guitars with them and then there was Roger. He looked at you sheepishly before walking towards you and said "Will you get the kit in the van?"

You nodded "Do you want me to come with it?"

Roger always had the most equipment so you would trasport it in a van. Since his drumset was so precious to him, he never trusted anyone but you to ride with it and make sure it reached in one place. It wasn't really part of your job description, but that was the least you could do for him.