You're all mine

um so here it is. i guess. im kinda freaking out about this because this is finally over and it means SO MUCH to me. i hope i did it justice, and i hope i did them justice. my hand slipped so it's 10K words so i suggest you get comfortable before you start reading this. the picture of roger above is what reader describes seeing in the polaroid. please let me know what you think, i am extremely nervous about this. also please listen to the night we met by lord huron for full effect on repeat for this chapter!

Your heart sank as you stared at the newspaper in front of you, and everything else blacked out. It was as if you had tunnel vision.

A full-blown color picture of Roger, with a girl on his lap.

"Queen drummer's frivolous tour escapades in America"

There was a tiny picture attached of you in the corner with Mary at Hyde Park and a paragraph which you couldn't read because all the words seemed jumbled up and your head was swimming.

You felt your heart drop into your stomach. And you looked back at the picture. The girl was completely draped across his lap with her lips attached to his neck and it didn't look like he had a problem with it. You felt sick, and light headed and you felt tears threatening to spill.

"Thought you'd like to know" Paul said and you looked back up at him, with a blurry vision, still not knowing how to react.

"You're a real asshole Prenter" Kit said, picking up the newspaper and you walked out. You rushed. You didn't even know where you going. You just needed to get away.

"I did the girl a favor" Prenter told Kit.

You turned a corner and you could hear Kit's footsteps behind you as he called after you. It was sweet of him to care so much. But you didn't want to talk to anybody. You reached the bathroom and went inside, leaning against the door as you thought about what you had just seen. He was kissing her. She was kissing him. She was on top of him. And it looked like he was enjoying it. A part of you knew this would happen, you knew it. You knew he would leave you, move on from you, get bored, find another girl. You knew it in every fiber of your being and you were right. You were right and you hated it. You hadn't loved anybody as much as you loved Roger and he'd broken your heart. He'd crushed it completely and you didn't realize when but the door behind you opened and you were crying into Kit's arms. You were holding onto his shirt and you felt so embarrassed. You were his boss and here you were, wetting his shirt with your tears.

It didn't help that he had blonde hair, it didn't help that his arms around you reminded you of when you said goodbye to Roger and it didn't help that even though you hated Roger in the moment all you could think about was being in his arms.

It wasn't fair. Did he think you wouldn't find out? That you wouldn't see the papers? Maybe he was too busy fucking the girl to tell you. To tell you that he didn't want you anymore and that he couldn't handle the distance.

Kit was holding you and you cried for so long before you got a hold on yourself.

"I'm sorry" You said through hiccups, pulling away and wiping at your face "I'm sorry bout that"

"You're daft for apologizing, love" He said and the word love struck you again. Every time Roger had said it. And here Kit looked like a spitting image of him, and you wished he had shorter hair or lighter hair. You didn't want to think about Roger. You wanted to go home.

"I understand if you want to leave, I'll take care of the work, don't worry" He said and you nodded, and wiped your face on your sweater sleeve. You went to wash your face and Kit got you your bag.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry" Kit said, holding your face in his hands and he was just being nice but you didn't want this pity. You didn't want sympathy. You didn't want his sorry. The only one who should be sorry was you. For trusting Roger. For believing he would stay loyal, for thinking you would be his one and only.