A Pretty Girl, Rog

You and Roger had reached Freddie's house, with him in tow. Mary had been waiting at home, and she was standing at the door when you reached.

"Christ, how drunk is he?" Mary asked.

"I think this speaks for itself" Roger said, and you brought Freddie in through the door.

"This is a new sight" Mary commented on Roger's sobriety as he took Freddie from you and carried him upstairs. "Ha ha" Roger responded with a grunt.

She turned to you and said "How was the release party?"

You sighed, your gaze still lingering on Roger and Freddie. "It was great, the crowd loved it, press was going insane"

"Okay, I'm so glad. I have to go meet my mum in the city tomorrow and Freddie's coming with me, but we have just the tree up and with the album and everything, god... he's drunk I don't know how we'll get anything done- " Mary said, her head in her hands.

"Mary, relax. That's what me and Roger came for, we'll finish doing the house okay? You need to go sleep" You said, keeping a hand on her shoulder.

"You will?" Mary asked, looking up at you and you hugged her.

"We will love, that's what we came for" Roger said, as he came down the steps.

"I can't thank you enough" Mary said, looking between you and Roger "You can take the spare bedroom upstairs till then, me and Fred will be leaving in the morning"

"I'll take the couch" Roger said immediately and Mary looked at him, before nodding. You were relieved internally you wouldn't have to share a bed with him. It would not make things any easier for you.

Mary headed up to sleep, after a long night of staying up waiting for Freddie. You went to the bedroom where she had laid out a sweater and pajamas, to trade out for your dress. You lied down on the bed, the same one you'd passed out on a few weeks ago, after your first drunken kiss with Roger and stared up at the ceiling.

It was almost 4 am so there was really no point in sleeping. You were wide awake. Mary needed your help in decorating the house, Christmas was tomorrow and they hadn't gotten anything done due to how busy the past few weeks were. You were in bed for maybe an hour before you lifted yourself off it, tossing your duvet aside and decided to get some coffee. The house was quiet as you made your way down the stairs, the only sound of your padded feet on the wooden steps. Sunlight had started filtering in through the blinds and the house looked beautiful, but bare. You made your way to the kitchen, and jumped when you saw Roger standing there.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" He apologized, turning around to face you. He was in a grey sweatshirt and it looked like he'd just woken up due to his hair.

"It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway" You said, sending him a soft smile as you stepped inside the kitchen "I was going to make some coffee"

He nodded, before turning around and handing you a cup. Another cup was kept on the counter and he said "No need, I already did"

You felt your chest tighten as you smiled at him again, at his gesture and you reached forward to take it from his hands. You ignored the way your fingers brushed against his. It was too early to process something like that.

"Figured I owed you anyway from all those times you brought it for me in the studio" He shrugged, his voice was hoarse and croaky.

"I was thinking we could get started on the house. The sooner we finish, the better" You told him, leaning against the opposite kitchen counter as you lifted the cup to your lips. He hummed in agreement as he drank his coffee.