I'm Gonna Tell Her

The next few days sucked. You were holed up in your trailer all day, in your blanket, wishing you could have talked to Roger. Fucking Paul. It wasn't his fault obviously, he didn't know what you were about to say. No one would think that you would declare your love at the freaking airport. It was a stupid idea to begin with, once you really thought about it. What would have happened if you had finished that sentence?

"Roger, I think I love you" You would have said. He would have been shocked to say the least. That is, if he didn't outright reject you. It would have ruined you two forever. Your friendship would be tainted.

It had been three days since you saw them at the airport and they'd been so busy, whisked away into press interviews and tv gigs that they hadn't gotten any free time. Or in simpler terms, Roger hadn't called you since then.

You missed him, was an understatement. He had promised he'd call but you knew how busy he must be with everything, just like the rest of the boys and it was unfair of you to be on edge waiting for his phone. You were beginning to get angry at him, even though he did nothing wrong. He didn't owe you anything.

You squeezed your eyes shut and told yourself you would stop waiting for it like a heartbroken teenage girl. You picked up a magazine and started flipping through the pages, not bothering to read any articles and just looked at the pictures. It was filled with advertisements for more things you didn't need. You were ashamed to admit that the last few days all you'd done was read trashy magazines. A pile of them lay next to your bed, with empty ice cream containers brought to you by Mary and if anyone had walked in, they would have felt as if you'd gone through a breakup. You flipped a page, your fingers gliding across the glossy paper and saw an advertisement for a boutique nearby which sold clothes "guaranteed to get his attention", according to the tagline. You scoffed and tossed the magazine away. You closed your eyes again, leaning against your headboard.

A ringing jolted you awake and you realized it was your phone. Your phone was ringing and you scrambled off your bed to get it. In lightning speed, you crossed the distance between your bed and the kitchen counter. You picked up the receiver, pressing it to your ear and said "Roger?"

The other end was silent for a second before a laugh came through. A female laugh.

"Have you been waiting by the phone the whole day for him to call?"

"Mary, shut up honestly" You replied, leaning your head against the counter, your phone tucked between your ear and shoulder.

"Well, have you?" She asked.

"As if you haven't been waiting for Freddie" you scoffed.

"I haven't. He called me" She said and you groaned. Of course, he did. He was in love with her.

"Can you stop sulking around?" She asked "They're very busy, there's no point waiting"

"He said he'd call" You said softly.

"Well maybe he forgot" She suggested and you let out a laugh.

"Thanks Mary, that makes me feel so much better" You sneered.

"Well, I need you to stop being a bitch and come over. I'm lonely" Mary said.

"Don't talk to me about lonely" You replied, twisting the phone cord in your fingers.

"Don't you have work to do or something? Have you just been sitting in bed thinking bout him?" She said.

"No, I haven't been" You replied.

"Lie" She teased.

"Yeah maybe. You peasants don't know unrequited love" You said.

"Neither do you because it's not unrequited" She said and you rolled your eyes.