Just Talk To Him

It had been a few days since your encounter with Roger and you had been feeling like shit. You'd been holed up in your trailer, because thankfully the boys hadn't called you in for any rehearsals as of yet. Which is why you were absolutely dreading today. You'd managed to avoid Roger and everyone else all this time but you had no choice in that anymore. You were supposed to meet them at the studio in 20 minutes and you were dreading going there. You were so nervous that you in fact, hadn't slept all night.

You hadn't gotten a chance to talk or apologize to Roger and you honestly weren't sure where to begin from. The more you had thought about what you had said to him, the more unforgivable it seemed. He was one of your closest friends and you'd hurt him where you knew it would hurt most, all because you held on to your ego.

You stared at yourself in the tiny mirror you had set up, and at your outfit. You were in a red sweater that fit you almost perfectly and bellbottoms. There was a knock on your door and you scrambled to open it. It was Jim Beach. "Jim!" You cried and rushed forward to hug him "What are you doing here?"

"Came to pick you up, you're late" He said and you nodded. You'd been overthinking how to approach Roger so much that you had lost track of time.

"Give me one minute" You told Jim as you grabbed your bag and headed out. You started walking with him to the studio and he gave you a look.

"You seem very excited today" He said sarcastically and you let out a nervous laugh.

"Can I not come ?" You asked "Please"

"And why is that Y/N?" He asked you, disappointment on his face. He was your boss after all.

"I feel really sick, I didn't even sleep all night" You made up and clutched your stomach for added effect.

"Is the reason for your sudden sickness a certain blonde drummer?" He asked you blatantly and you stopped abruptly.

"What would give you that idea?" You asked, ashamed that your problems had boiled down to boy trouble.

"Just a wild guess" He said "This is why you're not supposed to get too close to them. You need to be able to do your job as well, and whatever happened between you and Roger can be put aside"

You nodded, knowing he was right. You were being childish. Avoiding him wasn't going to help anything.

You took in a deep breath as you approached the studio and entered with him. The boys were already inside, having a discussion while two girls were draped on the couch, none of them Kristina. Your gaze fell on Roger and you saw that he hadn't noticed your arrival. He was too busy, going over a riff with John. Maybe he had already forgotten your conversation with him. Jim went inside to talk to them and beckoned you to follow. You sighed and went in, keeping your gaze on your feet. The boys turned and Jim began talking.

"The floor seem interesting today?" You heard Freddie speak and you immediately looked up at him. Everyone's attention turned to you and you tried really hard to not look at Roger. But of course, your curiosity betrayed you and you looked up at him from the corner of your eye. He was looking right back at you and as soon as your eyes met his, he turned away.

"You okay, Y/N?" John asked, taking a step toward you. Your face was flushed and it was clear how uncomfortable you were.

"I'm fine" You replied, your high pitched tone betraying you.

"Are you sure?" Brian asked and before you could answer, someone else did for you.

"She said she's fucking fine, can we move on to more important stuff?" Roger snapped and you felt your heart sink into your gut. You nodded and you saw Brian look strangely at Roger before they continued their discussion. You stood there, watching them argue over how to approach the riff Brian came up with and you and Jim simply listened. It felt like hours before they came to a common discussion and began recording. Freddie stepped out along with you, while Brian and Roger worked on a set.