Chapter 4 - You Said Friend

Thomas' POV

"Burr!" I yelled, striding over to his table with (Y/N) angrily at my side yet maintaining a safe distance.

"Hamilton!" She shouted, catching the other boy's attention.

"Shit." The two guilty ones of the Rev set looked at each other while the others stared at them in disbelief. The (Y/H/C) girl slammed her hands down on the table opposite the two, moving dangerously close to Alex.

"You said a friend!" She hissed.

"Jefferson is a friend. I like him enough for him to be a friend."

"No you don't!" I piped up.

Alexander smiled slightly. "That's true, I sometimes dream of stapling your fingers to your face."

"Well thanks to you, I've just completed the worst photo shoot I've ever had to do!" I exclaimed.

"Well if you'd actually used the lighting rather than the natural light, it'd look better." The girl next to me rolled her eyes.

"Oh the light wasn't the problem - it was the model!"

"Speaking of which, what was with the fingers crossed next to my name?"

"I was hoping the model was gonna be hot!"

"You're such a dick."

"Likewise." I stormed away and up the stairs into the editing room, picking a space in the middle table and opening my laptop and moving the memory card from my camera to the laptop.

I'd said the shoot was bad but I hadn't actually properly looked at it yet. My eyes skimmed the screen.

Oh no...

The photos were actually good!

They didn't even need editing!

I selected the best six and made a contact sheet as well as one of the whole shoot, sending them to print in the library. I put everything away and walked to my locker to put my camera in there - no way was I carrying it everywhere today.

I smiled as I saw my best friend, James stood at one of the printers. My ID beeped as I scanned it on the neighbouring devices to print my photos.

"Hey Jemmy James." I greeted.

"Hey Thomas." He nodded, collecting the thick stack of paper.

"Assignment?" I queried.

"Yeah. Economics so pretty easy, thank god." He smiled, taking a few steps so he was stood with me. He looked at the two sheets of paper that were now in my hand. "(Y/N) and you hung out and didn't kill each other? I'm impressed." He smirked.

"We didn't 'hang out' Aaron decided to set me up with her as my model so I'm stuck with her for the year." I rolled my eyes. He continued to look amused. "What?"

He hummed to himself in thought. "Three months." He said.

"Excuse me?"

"Three months."

"What the hell are you going on about?" I asked.

"Just keep working with her-"

I cut him off. "I haven't got much choice."

"Like I was saying, keep working with her and you'll find out what I mean." He smirked. By now, we were at his classroom, he walked towards the door. "See ya. Nice pictures by the way." He called, opening the door and walking in. I still had about an hour before my next lesson so I walked to the cafe like I normally did to kill some time. I looked at the photos that I'd set down on the table in front of me.

They were pretty nice I guess.

I thought back to what James had said.

"Three months?" I muttered to myself, still heavily confused.