19 - The Lake

*Thomas' POV*

"Nearly ready?!" I yelled up the stairs. My camera was in my hands and I had my backpack over my shoulder. We were going to the lake nearby for a photo shoot and a picnic.

Was it a date? Technically - no, in my mind - absolutely.

But nobody needs to know.

"Almost!" (Y/N) replied, probably gathering the last of her stuff for the day. I noticed Klara come and stand next to me but didn't question it. I'd always been pretty close to my baby sister. The five year old stood with her hands behind her back and rocked back and forth on her feet.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) finally came down the stairs wearing shorts and a black t-shirt with her converse on her feet. She had a white tote bag with a couple of towels and snacks inside.

"'Bout time." I rolled my eyes. She laughed and shoved my shoulder. "Ready to go?" The (Y/H/C) girl nodded and we began to walk away when Klara spoke up.

"Wait!" We turned and looked at the girl who bounced excitedly. "Here," she moved her hands from behind her back and showed us two bracelets. Both were identical with magenta and (F/C) thread. We both smiled.

"Thanks Klara." (Y/N) scooped the now laughing girl up into a hug and knelt beside her as she tied her bracelet on while I struggled, determined to show off and do it one-handed.

Smart, right?

"Tommy showed me how to make 'em." Klara said. My face grew warm and I shook my head and (Y/N) gave me a sideways glance and smile.

"Did he now?"

"Uh huh. And now you're really best friends."

"Come on, come on. Places to be." I laughed nervously, edging towards the door.

"Whatever you say Tommy." The girl snickered and followed me out, waving goodbye to my sister.

About two hours later, we were done with lunch and on with the shoot. (Y/N) was in the lake, now in a white dress after changing as I held up a towel with another tied between two close trees (see, I'm not a perv) and had flowers surrounding her.

"Hurry the fuck up! It's cold in here." She whined.

"You'll live." I laughed. Luckily, I was on dry land. "Maybe put some flowers in your hair?" I suggested. She reached for a small pink cluster of petals. "Not that one." She tried again. "Nope."

"Come and do it yourself then prick!" She snapped, laughing still.

If you think, I was going into a lake with a very attractive girl that I am trying to impress and go out with...

...you are very much correct.

My shirt practically flew off my body and over to the blanket and before I could even process my movements, I was beside a slightly blushing (Y/N). "Like what'cha see?" I teased.

"Pft! N-no." She crossed her arms, making me chuckle and shake my head. I set to work weaving the flowers into her hair.

Just as I was adding the final one, my hand brushed against the side of the girl's face. She looked up at me with a doe-eyed expression; innocent and with her lips slightly parted. My breathing became slow and deeper as did hers. (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered down to my lips and back up again, her hand slipping to my side.

I lost all thoughts of rationality.

I kissed her.

And she kissed back.

It was slow, sweet and to me, meaningful. But it didn't last long enough.

When we pulled away, we looked at each other in surprise, then panic.

"W-we should probably finish the shoot." (Y/N) whispered, looking down at the water,

"Uh, y-yeah. Good, um, good idea." I replied, slowly moving away, our fingers being the last thing to lose contact.

That wasn't what I planned to happen.