Chapter 7 - Coffee

(Y/N)'s POV

"I thought you couldn't stand him?" Aaron asked me as we sat on the bench next to the fountain.

"I can't, but for the sake of this project I've just gotta suck it up." I sighed, twirling my hair nervously.

Why am I nervous? It's only Jefferson. The guy I dislike.

Probably because he'll judge me - that's probably it.

...

Why does that bother me? I literally have a multi-million internet following because I'm myself. Why does this one - very insignificant I might add - person make me anxious?

"Hi you two." A southern accent snapped me out of my train of thought.

"Hey Thomas." Aaron smiled.

"Hi." I muttered. We stood in an awkward silence for a while until the shorter-haired male cleared his throat. "Shall we?" He nodded in the direction of the cafe.

"Yeah." Me and Thomas replied, falling in step with Aaron between us.

Once inside the cafe, we ordered our drinks and while we were waiting, the Virginian mumbled something to his friend and walked to the bathrooms.

"What are you doing?" Aaron turned to me. "The whole point of this is to stop the awkwardness."

"I was just following your advice and talking less." I smirked cockily.

"Don't you use my words against me woman!" He hissed, laughing as he pretended to scold me. I stuck my tongue out in response just as Jefferson came back.

"What'd I miss?" He asked, looking at my and my brother, both of us still giggling.

"Nothing, she's just using my words against me again." Aaron laughed.

"Can't blame her, talking less never really helps anyone."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, waving my arm and motioning to Thomas. We exchanged a smile before going back to our stubborn ways and ignoring each other. My brother rolled his eyes as we grabbed our drinks and started walking back to our place.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and I probably should've explained this earlier but why am I now calling Aaron my brother you may ask? Well because my mother was (still is) his godmother, it meant that his parents, should anything happen to them, trusted her to be his guardian. So, when they passed away, she of course stepped up and took him in. We were both only about three or four when it happened so we don't remember them much but Aaron has always had photos and my mother's stories to fulfil his memory.

Anyway, we continued the walk back to our place, Aaron keeping between me and Thomas, making small talk because we refused to do so.

This should be fun.