Chapter 8

JJ felt like killing Otabek just as Yuri saw him. But he knew Yuri liked him...hell he probably wanted to date him.

“Fuck JJ, I'm choosing Otabek!” He'd imagine him saying to someone he knew. And when he tried reason with him and say he loved him he'd just laugh at him and tell him to leave him alone.

He hated this thought, he hated the fact that Yuri didn't love him and loved his enemy.

‘Lifes tough.’ Some would say. ‘Deal with it,’ others state.

How? Confessing to someone is hard enough but losing your crush to someone you hate is 10x worse.

Think of it this way, you've looked after someone for such a long time and slowly, over time, gained a crush on them. But, your enemy likes them too and asks them out. They say yes, wouldn't you be heartbroken, too? I know I would...

But honestly, take a minute to think about that scenario. Put yourself in JJ's shoes and imagine that you were playing his role in this fanfiction.

Would you do the same thing he's doing? Would you consider murdering anyone who shows an interest in the one you love? Hah, you'd be pretty fucked up if you did but...who really knows.

You might not be the one committing the murder, rather than the one being driven to it. That probably doesn't make much sense but I don't want to send out any further spoilers for this fanfiction. Give too much detail on this what you're planning for the future chapters ruins the fic for everyone. But enough rambling...let's see what JJ seems to do.
---------------------
JJ sighed and got up from his kitchen table, walking over to his cupboards above his oven. He stared for a few seconds and then slowly took out a large bottle of vodka.

He looked away and then slowly took the cap off. Yes, he's a Christian and if you were brought up in such a religious culture then you'd think you wouldn't rebel against the rules of religion, right? Right...?

He looked at it and slowly put his lips around the top of the bottle, sipping some of the vodka.

He took it out his mouth and gagged slightly, not used to the taste of the new substance he had just consumed.

But somehow, it didn't taste all that bad. He took another sip. Then another. Then another.

Soon enough, he had finished the  whole bottle and only a small drop of vodka was left in the bottom.

He shakily put it down and sighed. What had he just done?

Yuri would be home in about half an hour, he could have more but...he feared he'd get drunk and that's the last thing he wanted when Yuri was around him.

He put the bottle in the trash and sat back at the table, running his hands through his dark bluey-black hair. He wasn't sure what brought him to drinking that, but he had the conclusion that it was because of stress. Over not getting Yuri from Otabek.

About 30 minutes later Yuri came back in and looked so damned happy, it was the first time JJ had ever seen him smile a smile that was too big for his face...he wanted to be the person to do that...not that Kazakhstani bastard!

Yuri walked into the kitchen and looked at JJ who was still running his hands through his hair, he turned to the trash and saw the empty vodka bottle sticking out the top.

He turned back to JJ.

“JJ...?” He asked, slowly taking a step toward him. He didn't go any further than a few steps in a fear he had consumed more than he should have and gotten himself drunk.

JJ looked at him, tears falling down his face, staining his tanned skin. He didn't answer Yuri because he knew exactly what had happened.

Yuri sighed and took another few steps closer so that he was directly beside JJ. He pulled his head up and  looked into his eyes, wiping the tears from them. “What’s wrong?”

JJ didn't say anything he just diverted his eyes away from Yuri's gaze as more tears seemed to fall.

Again, Yuri wiped them away speaking again, this time with a much softer voice. “Come on, please...tell me what's wrong.”

“You look...so happy...and that's only when you came back from spending time with Otabek...Yuri I...I wanted to be the person that made you smile that much...not him...” He confessed, after a few seconds hesitation.

Yuri smiled softly and gently kissed his cheek. “You make me smile all the time,” He said. But JJ knew Otabek made him smile more.

“Oh yeah...? Who makes you smile more? Him and me?” JJ said keeping the anger out his voice and replacing it with sadness. Never had he ever felt such regret and sadness on his whole life.

You're perhaps wondering what he regrets, well...everything. He should never have gotten involved in Yuri's business. Never agreed to this anyways. But he was foolish and wasn't thinking straight.

“I...” Yuri said, struggling to find the correct words. “I...I don't know,”

JJ looked away. “He does, doesn't he? Otabek makes you smile and even laugh more than I do. Don't deny it...we both know it's true...”

Yuri looked away taking a step back. “What if it was...true?”

“That's your opinion and I can't change that but...I'm gonna say a few things before you jump into this lovely fantasy world with Otabek.”

Yuri nodded. He awaited JJ's words.

“I love you, Yuri Plisetsky. More than anything could ever describe. But now that you've been spending your time with Otabek...I feel like I'm not longer needed in your life. You seem to have a pretty good one with him so what's left for me? To go back to Isabella? Hell no. She ruined my life once so I'm not gonna let her do it again. As for you...I just had to say the feelings I had...that I loved you so damned much...” He said, as now...both were crying...