Chapter Four: Hanging Out

Evan's POV

Evan was doing his math homework when his phone buzzed. He lifted it up, exciting and opened up his phone.

Connor: Hey Ev, u think i can come ovr in 5?

Evan: Sure!

Connor: What ur add

Evan: 8072 Winterwatcher Ave

Connor: Ok see u in 5

Evan: Bye Connie!

Connor: i hate that name but like it at the same time

Evan: Haha! 😜 See ya!

Connie: See ya

Evan happily placed down his phone. He patiently waited for Connor to arrive, knowing perfectly well that doing his homework would be better.

Since when was only five minutes so long?!

He looked at the clock. Dafaq? It's only been thirty seconds? It felt like for forever!!

Evan sighed. Suddenly, the door bell rang and Evan almost broke his other arm by the sudden noise. He picked himself off the ground and dashed to the door, before hesitating about opening it, fixed a wrinkle in his shirt, and finally pulled the door open.

Connor was wearing the same hoodie from school, a scarf covering his mouth and ripped black jeans.

"H-Hey there!" Evan said. Connor smiled.

Those eyes are so beautiful! Half brown and half blue! Mostly brown though. But seriously! How did I not notice his eyes?!

Connor gave him a confused look. Evan snapped back in reality when he realized the hand waving in front of him.

"Hey, it's October and it's cold! I don't know about you but I'm freezing my ass off." Connor said.

Evan blushed and stepped aside, hiding his face and letting the taller boy in.

He watched as Connor's hair swayed back and forth as he looked around his house. It wasn't the biggest, but it was a two story with a basement.

"Sooo..." Evan said, closing and locking the door.

"Sooo..." Connor said, trying to mimic Evan's voice. "Movie?"

"The Lorax!"

"The what ass?"

"The Lorax!"

"What the hell is that?"

Evan gasped, slapping a hand on his chest. "Have you seriously never watched 'The Lorax'!!??" He exclaimed.

Connor looked at him, confused. Evan grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs, into his room.

It was painted a light baby blue with a bookshelf, bed, table, chairs, drawers, window and a clock. Just your ideal bedroom.

Although, it had a couple of tree stickers. And one poster of a tree saying "SAVE THE TREES" in big pink block letters.

Evan open the bottom right drawer and pulled out a box. He opened it and revealed a ton a CDS. He carefully looked through them, looking for his favorite one.

Connor stood amused and patiently next to him. Finally, Evan triumphantly pulled out a CD with the title "The Lorax" on it.

Connor chuckled a bit as Evan popped out his laptop and inserted the CD. He sat down on the bed, patting the seat next to him while still opening up the device.

A moment later, he felt Connor plop himself next to him. Evan was finally able to get the movie started, and they made a fort out of the blankets and pillows as he commercials started playing.

Evan even ran into the kitchen to grab popcorn, candy, and milk (mostly because Connor begged for it).

The two friends snuggled into the pillows in their hands and enjoyed the movie.

And each other.
——————————————————————————————————
Connor's POV

When the movie ended, Connor looked down to his right and found Evan asleep on his shoulder. He smiled, observing the sleeping boy.

He looked at his phone. 10:56.

Crap. That was long. Well I guess it was seven when I got here. And we did pause the movie a few times to go outside. And talked. And then we ate. And then we watched a little more....

Suddenly, he heard the garage open and a car drive in. Even more crap!

"Evan? Are you still awake?" A female voice called from downstairs.

Connor tried to nudge Evan awake, but by the time the small boy did, the bedroom door already opened.

He and Evan both turned their heads towards-who Connor guessed was-Evan's mom.

She looked like a whole mountain full of happiness.

"Evan! You never told me you made a friend! Who is this?" She asked, happily.

Evan smiled awkwardly and cleared his throat. Connor chuckled a little and said, "Hello, I'm Connor. Me and Evan just became friends today. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Hansen."

"Oh don't call me that. Just call me Heidi! Nice to meet you too!" Mrs. Han-Heidi looked back at Evan.

"Can you st-stay for the um n-night-t?" He asked quietly. Connor couldn't trace been more happier.

"Of course! Oh-no I mean uh," he turned back to Heidi. "If it's um alright with you?"

Heidi nodded eagerly. "This is Evan's first sleepover, of course you can stay! Don't do anything to my lil' smol tree human, love you Evan, I'll be in my room, goodnight you two!" And with that, Heidi left the room, laughing a little to herself.

Connor turned his attention back to Evan, who was throwing away the popcorn leftovers away. "Soo...where do I sleep?" He asked.

"I...I haven't th-thought about t-that.."

"I'll sleep on the floor."

"N-No! You th-the guest! Sleep on m-my bed!"

"What about you?"

"I-I'll sleep on the f-floor."

"Then it's settled-"

"Ok-okay!"

"-We're both sleeping on the bed."

Connor saw Evan blush a deep red. He smiled and grabbed his spare change of clothes he has in his satchel. Why did he have it you ask? Because he has a mother, or course.

"I'll take a shower first." He declared before turning away and walking out he door

~Time Skip~

Connor walked back into Evan's room, only to find him asleep on the bed. "Hey," he said, poking the small boy's shoulder, "go take a shower and brush your teeth."

Evan grunted in annoyance before lifting himself up and walked sleepily into the bathroom.

Connor took the time to look around Evan's room. His eyes first landed on a stuffed tree plushie on the bed.

Connor smiled at it and was really tempted to steal it. Just to make Evan frantic.

~Time Skip Again~

"Hey Connor." Evan dropped himself onto the bed next to Connor. "I'm tired."

Connor chuckled. "Let's sleep then." He said and scooted closer to the wall.

Evan snuggled into his chest as Connor dropped a blanket over them. This action made his heart beat faster and blush to appear on his face.

"S-sorry." He whispered. "I'm j-just tired anditsreallycoldeventhoughwehaveablanketandImsosorry."

Connor laughed lightly. "It's okay. I'm cold too." He pulled Evan closer together and the two fell asleep in each other's arms.