Chapter Twenty-Two: When A Rumor Spreads, Things Get Messy

Connor's POV

Let's just say...everything felt off today.

Connor had a weird pit in his stomach. He felt as if someone would stab him with every second that past.

And the thought of Evan just made him queasy.

He brushed it off and headed to school. Zoe was sick with a fever so the brunette had to walk.

Once inside the school, Connor was firstly blasted with almost everyone at school talking about something.

Everyone was saying something along the lines of: "OMG can you believe he did that?!" Or "Do you think it was true?" Or "He did it for attention. Probably just faked it."

Connor ignored everything and went to his locker. When he took at his books, a familiar dirty blonde boy caught his eyes.

As Evan walked down the halls, people were glancing at him and whispering.

Evan was clearly uncomfortable, so Connor quickly went over and grabbed his hand. The blond boy  looked up into Connor's eyes and smiled.

"Did you see that?"

"Why is Connor Murphy hanging out with him."

"After what's happened?"

"I love my dead gay son..."

"Does he even know?"

"I think he might've heard us."

"Freak."

"Slut."

"Burnout."

"Bug-eyes."

"Poser"

"Lard-ass"

"Why the fuck you even looking at his ass?"

Connor felt his anger boil inside him. He gripped Evan's hand tighter. A face Connor had recognized flashed through the hallways. Him.

He walked Evan to his locker before headed out to find him.

That son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill him.

Evan's not gonna be very happy you did.

Argh, I'll just get him expelled or something.

Would you do that?

Yes.

You sure?

Yes!

To your first love?

Connor stopped, dead in his tracks. He inhaled and exhaled slowly, shake his head.

Your first friend?

Your crush for how long? Months? Years?

Shut up already.

Connor dug his nails into his palm, biting his lip as he felt liquid drizzle out.

He turned the corner and found him.

Miguel was at his locker, doing something on his phone. Connor said through gritted teeth in disgust, "Miguel."

The other male looked up from his phone. "Hey Con, what's up?"

"Don't 'Hey Con' me," Connor spat out. "I just want some answers, so spill."

Miguel slid his phone in his pocket with an innocent look. "What ever do you mean?"