Chapter Six: The Orchard

Evan's POV

You would think that Evan was the type of kid to pay extra attention in class, right? Wrong.

At least not today, he was way to busy thinking about.....Connor? Connor's waving long brown hair, his two beautiful brown and blue eyes, his-

"Mr. Hansen! Are you paying attention?"

Evan snapped out of his daydream and looked at his teacher.

Mr. McFlurry had a scowling face on. The class all turned their attention to Evan, waiting for an answer.

Some of them were waiting for the class to just end.

"I-I um...." Evan's hands started to sweat and he began panicking. "Uh I-y-yes...."

Mr. McFlurry raise an eye ridge. "Alright," he said. "What were we just talking about?"

"Shakespeare!"

The teacher nodded slowly then returned to the lesson. Evan let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey," Jared whispered, poking Evan's shoulder. "What happened? You rarely lose focus. Let alone daydream during class."

Evan blushed. "I was uh-th-thinking a-about s-someon-something!" He whispered-shouted back.

Jared smirked and looked back at the teacher.

Why was Evan thinking about Connor?

~Time Skip~

"Connor!"

Connor looked up form his phone and smiled warmly. He waved and said, "Heya."

Evan jogged over to his side. "S-so, why'd you a-ask me to meet you h-here?" He asked.

Connor took his hand. His touch was cold, but welcoming and amazing. It was lovely.

"Let's go, I wanna show you something. You said you liked trees, right?" He paused for a second. "Well, that's what you said before. Like, before before, do you still like 'em?"

Evan nodded as they approached Connor's car. He opened the door, but someone saw them.

"CONNOR YOU SON OF A BITCH WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TAKING MY GODDAMN CAR??!!" Zoe shouted.

Evan flinch at her cursing and turned his head. She was seething with rage, and Evan thought that Connor didn't even ask for permission.

"You gave me the keys this morning," he responded casually, beckoning for Evan to get in. He obeyed, closed his door, and opened his window.

"Yeah, but where the fucking hellish shitoloop are you taking this random nerd?" She asked, inspecting Evan.

Connor glared at his sister. "Somewhere, now fuck off." He started the engine.

"Who is he? And why can't you tell me?" She questioned, now curious. "Taking him somewhere so y'all can bang?"

If Evan was drinking something, he would have spat it out on the car. He and Connor were both a blushing tomato mess.

Zoe smirked and raised her eyebrows. Almost accusingly.

"N-no! I'm just taking him uh somewhere. It's a surprise, so it's gonna uh..." He trailed off. "ruin the surprise?"

Zoe rolled her eyes but her smirk didn't disappear. "Alright," she skipped off. "Use protection!"

Connor sighed, defeated and started to drive.