Chapter Fourteen: Jared Is Literally An Overprotective Mom

Jared's POV

Jared lied there on his bed. Thinking.

Thinking about his bath bombs that his darn mother took away.

Just because he stayed up too late looking at memes and squealing over fan fiction.

He groaned. His mother changed the WiFi password so he couldn't look at his beloved memes.

Then, his phone rang.

Jared sat up groggily and picked it up. It was from Evan.

"Hello?" He answered, tired. A muffled cry was heard from the other end. "Evan? You okay?"

"Jared," a voice not belonged to Evan said. "It's H-Heidi. I-Evan he....He o-overdosed. He tried t-to commit s-suicide. My baby tried to commit suicide."

"WHAT?!" He roared into the phone. "THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! Is he okay?! Is he alive?! IS HE AT LEAST BREATHING???!!!"

He bit back a sob as tears prickled at the ends of his eyes.

"Evan's alive. D-don't worry. He hasn't w-woken up yet though. I just w-wanted to let you know," she explained.

Jared breathed out a sigh of relief. Thankfully, Evan was alive. But oh, he was going to be in hell lot of trouble for pulling that on Jared!

"I'll be there in five, bye," he said and hung up. Slipping on his shoes, Jared dashed out his house and drove straight to the hospital.

A few minutes later, he arrived and burst through the door. "Which room is Evan Hansen in?" He yelled, slamming his hands on the counter of the receptionist.

The nurse looked at her computer for a few seconds before answering, "Room 624."

Jared sprinting down the halls. Finally, he found the room and burst through.

Evan lied there, pale and white. He looked sickly dead. Jared rushed over and let his tears fall.

The only thing keeping him sane was Evan's steady breathing.

Jared had only cried once in his life in front of Evan. When he scraped his knee on the concrete. That was in first grade.

But this time, he let all the tears he had out on him.

Sorry for the short chapter! I have a project due next Thursday and I'm VERY BEHIND ON IT! Also homework is so harrrrrd!!(Bad? Rough?? NO HOMEWORK IS KINKYYY)