Chapter Seventeen: Christmas Party!

Evan's POV

Evan was officially bored.

Yes, he had been in psych ward for five days and if there was something he had learned, it was that the place was boring as fern.

Sure, therapists have gone in to speak with him, but they decided that he didn't seem to have a problem.

He sighed and checked clock. 3:00. School had ended an hour ago.

"Evan?" A nurse walked in. "I have some good news."

Evan sat up. The nurse smiled down at him and said, "you're going to be discharged today!"

Evan clapped his hands together and let out a tiny squeal. The nurse laughed and walked out.

Evan's phone rang and the boy picked it up. "Evan! Did you hear the news?" Connor exclaimed. It was a FaceTime.

Evan thought for a moment. "No? W-what is it?" Did Connor already know he was going to be discharged?

"Christmas party! Oh shit! I completely forgot you were still in psych! Fuck! I'm such a dick! You're not going to be able to come!" Connor slapped the top of his head and cursed.

Evan took this as a sign he didn't know about the discharge. "When is it?" He asked.

"Tomorrow. It's a sleepover with me, Alana, Jared, I guess we could just FaceTime you and Zoe.....she's not going to be involved."

Evan beamed at the brunette. "Oh! Well I g-guess that's cool. I'll buy you guys a present as soon as I get out! I p-promise!"

Connor chuckled lightly. "Yeah, so um," he said. "When are you getting out?"

Evan but his lip, trying to come up with a lie. "Uh...to-I don't really know? I m-mean-like-they haven't told me anything y-yet. So like-I don't r-really know. 'Cause they h-haven't told me anything yet...so I'd d-don't know."

Connor laughed. "Hey, so do you know yet?" He asked, voice full of sarcasm.

Evan giggled. "Alright Imma go shopping for presents. Call ya soon, bye." Connor said and hung up.

Evan put his phone away and began to brainstorm about the presents he would give.

Jared? A bath bomb. Maybe a whole pack. The limited edition Christmas one.

Alana? Astronomy science set. Easy.

Zoe? Even though she isn't going to be 'involved' Evan was still going to give her a present. Probably a makeup pallet or something.

Connor? Oh boy, what does he give him?

"Have you ever tried water color?" Evan asked. Connor shook his head.

"I don't have any. Really wish I could thought, it looks really cool."

Of course. A water color set with and a sketchbook for it!

"Evan!" His mother walked into the room. "Let's get you out of here, Alright?"

Evan quickly jumped off the hospital bed and stretched, excited. "Oh, Mom! Can we go stop buy a f-few places? Tomorrow's Christmas Eve! I was w-wondering if I could go to Connor's sleepover?"

Heidi paused as they walked to outside. "Sure, just don't do anything extremely gay, okay?"

Evan blushed as they got into the car. "I promise we w-won't do anything too gay."

Heidi laughed. Off they go, to Christmas presents.

~Time Skip~