Chapter Twenty-one: Here's The Heeres!

Evan's POV

Evan looked nervously at himself in the bathroom mirror. He found it very hard to not go back at comb his hair more.

Or wash his hands more.

Or try a different outfit.

Or-

"Evan, honey! Are you done yet?"

"A-almost!" He shouted back at his mother and sighed. Looking back at the mirror one more time, Evan jumped downstairs and joined his mother in the car.

"Did you take your pills?" Heidi asked as they began to drive off. "You look nervous."

Evan nodded his head.

"Good. Don't worry, they're moving to our house because it's bigger than theirs, so you'll have your own room."

Evan breathed out some relief. At least he'll have some privacy.

~Time Skip Brought To You By RickJake~

"Evan! Great to see you again! Jeremy, come down!" Paul exclaimed. Evan watched as a skinny teenage boy, a bit taller than his height, walked down the stairs.

He and Evan locked eyes for a moment before the boy smiled and Heidi.

"Hello Heidi," he greeted. Paul cleated his throat and nodded his head at Evan. The boy smiled awkwardly at him.

"Uh hey," He said. "I'm Jeremy? You're uh-future step-brother? Um...I guess you're my older brother now? You're Evan, right?"

Evan nodded and coughed awkwardly, not knowing what to say. A silence filled the room, making everyone uncomfortable.

Never make two awkward people introduce themselves.

To break the silence, Paul said, "Jeremy, why don't you take Evan to your room and you two can get to know each other?"

Jeremy and Evan both silently groaned as they went into the younger one's room.

Evan has never seen so many video games.

He sat down on a red bean bag while Jeremy took the blue one.

"So," he said. "introduce yourself?"

Evan bit his lip. How he wished Connor was here!

"Uh um uh I uh," Evan stammered. "I uh I l-like uh trees. And I have uh r-really bad social anxiety. And uh I'm a-a senior. I..I'm not v-v-very interesting."

Jeremy nodded. "Well, um...I'm a junior. I have a best friend-his name is Michael-and we like to play video games together. Um...on the first day, Rich wrote 'Boyf' on my backpack and Jake wrote 'Riends' on Michael's. Some people thought we were a couple, but um we're not. I like Christine."

"Maybe o-one day I can uh meet M-Michael?"

"You probably will, considering how often he comes to my house."

"Y-Yeah."

"Yup."

Silence.

"Do you like anyone?" Jeremy asked, raising his eyebrows curiously.

Evan scratches the back of his. "Well, yeah. I uh a-actually have a boyfriend. Wait are you h-homophobic?"

Jeremy shook his head. "Describe this mysterious man my future step-brother loves so much."

Evan blushed and said, "Uh well, his name i-is Conor Murphy. He uh-has s-shoulder length hair, wears a lot of black, and w-we just got together last week."

"Wait wait wait wait-" Jeremy said, holding up his hands and shaking his head. " The Connor Murphy? As in, school shooter Murphy? Emo Connor Murphy? Does-Drugs-Always-High Connor Murphy?!"

Evan nodded gave Jeremy the look. The look that says, 'he's not that bad and if you hurt him I will end you'. Yeah, didn't the the Evan Hansen was capable of that, huh?

Jeremy smiled apologetically. "Sorry. Just making sure. Wouldn't want my brother to get assassinated, now would I?"

Evan laughed lightly. He and Jeremy talk a bit more before Evan was called to leave.

Waving Jeremy goodbye, Evan left the house with a happy smile.

Printer.And.Drugs: How'd it go?

Evan got the text the second he stepped foot into his house.

TreeboyHandsoap: It was good! I didn't mess everything up!

Printer.And.Drugs: U nvr mess things up! Don't say dat 2 ur self! I love u ❤️

Evan blushed and had a love-sick smile on.

TreeboyHandsoap: Haha, love you too, Connie! 💕

Printer.And.Drugs: Awww! How sweet. K I gtg birth giver tell me 2 go eat. Love u, Evie~

Evan blushed and set his phone down. After about fifteen seconds of just staring at the phone on the counter, Evan collapsed onto the couch and let out a squeal.

Holy fern he said he loved me! TWO TIMES!!! EEEEEEE!!! Shrubs, I sound like some sort of fangirling teenager obsessing over their OTP in a really cringy and cliché fan-fiction!

Sitting back up again, Evan took a deep breath and managed to get his squeals under control. Not his smile, though.

It was sickening and hurt his face after a while of it.

Player2Boyf: Hey is this Evan? It's Jeremy. My dad wanted me to have your numbers since we're bros now :/

TreeboyHansoap: Yup, it's Evan. Also, why'd you put 'boyf' in your username?

Player2Boyf: Dearest future step-brother, when people ship you together with someone, don't ever play truth or dare with them :)

TreeboyHansoap: Yikes. I can only imagine. Good thing I'm with Connor, truth or dare wouldn't be that embarrassing then ^^

Player2Boyf: Ha, cool. Well, I've got to go, catch ya later, dearest Handsoap

TreeboyHandsoap: Catch you later, dearest Heeresheys >:3

Player2Boyf: OMG you suck, okay bye now!

TreeboyHandsoap: Bye, Heeresheys!

Evan laughed and shut his phone off, before getting another text right after getting up and stretching.

BathBoomLord: Did you hyperventilate? Are you in the middle of a panic attack? Did it go well? Did he hurt you? Did you cheat on Connor with your new future brother?

Evan rolled his eyes and pulled out a box of Mac'n Cheese to eat.

TreeboyHandsoap: Very funny, Jare. I'm fine, really. Was a bit awkwardly at the beginning but we got on well afterwards

BathBoomLord: K cool. Peace.

Evan sighed, waiting a few seconds before finally turning off his phone. His Mac 'n Cheese was done at that point.

He finished all the Mac'N Cheese that night.