Chapter Thirteen: Its Almost Christmas!

Evan's POV

"It's fucking cold."

Evan glanced over at Connor. "Then let's go s-stop by at Starbucks and get a hot ch-chocolate or coffee," he suggested.

Connor nodded and the two drove to the nearest Starbucks. They walked in and were immediately hit with a wave of warm air and a coffee smell.

Evan whispered his order to Connor and the brunette walked up to the counter to order. Evan stood at the side, waiting. After a while, Connor walked up to him.

"Okay Evan, where are we gonna go now?" Connor asked as the two walked out the store, hot chocolates in hand.

"The mall. Wh-where else?"

Connor rolled his eyes as they started driving off. "Walmart? Target? Costco? I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in season, Ev," Connor pointed out.

Evan pouted and sipped his hot chocolate. "But the m-mall is much better," he tried. Connor rolled his eyes.

~Time Skip~

"Why the fuck are they selling five small gingerbread cookies for fucking twenty dollars?! Holy shit!"

Evan looked up from the Christmas tree section to see Connor gaping at the snacks.

"You've been c-caught trying to steal Christmas c-cookies, Con," Evan said. "Do you think th-this tree is good?"

Connor examined the tree. "I think it's great. Let's get it," he picked up a box that contained the tree in it.

After a few minutes of buying and begging for Christmas cookies, Connor and Evan had two bags with Christmas decorations, a box with a tree in it, and a bag of Christmas tree cookies.

Connor was stuffing his face with the cookies.

He suddenly jolted his head up from his phone. "Fuck! I need to buy something, com'on Ev!" He hurried to a music store.

Evan ran after him and found the brunette looking around in the guitar section.

He finally spotted one and dashed to it. "Holy shit! Seventy dollars for this?!" He picked it up and sighed.

Evan examined the guitar. It looked beautiful and symmetrical.

"Come on. Let's go," Connor walked to the cashier and paid. The whole time, Evan was wondering what the guitar was for.

The two talked the entire way home.

~Time Skip~

Evan heard a loud crash and scrambled into the living room. Connor was on the floor, wrapping in decorations with one of Evan's cookies in his mouth.

"I can explain!" He shouted. "I was trying to decorate the tree but then I uh....tripped over my feet and now....we're here."

Evan looked at him with a skeptical expression. "Then why are o-one of my cookies in your m-mouth?" He asked.

Connor blushed in embarrassment and had a deer in headlights expression on. He sighed and said, "okay fine, I wasn't decorating. I snuck into the kitchen and stole a cookie but while I was running back, one of the plastic colored puffy string things caught onto my leg and I fell. I got a little tangled after that."

Evan sighed and helped Connor out of his sticky situation.

"Just don't do th-that again," he said and got back into making cookies. Connor nodded and decorated the rest of the house.