:Chapter Fourteen:

*****

I hear the shower turn off and Matthew walks out of his bathroom, his hair glistening with water.

"Figured since you started my shower, I best finish it." He says smiling. I can't lie, he looks good in a towel. He walks over to his bed that I'm sitting on and grabs a stack of clothes.

"Oh yes, as you can see I was simply helping you with your morning routine." I smile and he rolls his eyes, disappearing into the bathroom again. He walks back out after a bit, dressed in dark boot cut jeans and a black shirt.

"You look like you feel better than you did yesterday." He says raising a hand to brush a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Great, so I don't look how I feel then." I say rolling my eyes. He smiles.

"If you did look how you feel, wouldn't you be a rainbow kitten?" He says laughing.

I scowl at him, "you just keep in mind that I know where you sleep." I say pointing a finger at his chest. "And no, I'd look like a bloody mess, ratty hair and huge bags under my eyes."

He steps closer fitting his hands to the curve of my waist. "I'll be damned, you do look how you feel!" He says pulling himself closer so there's less than three inches between us.

"Idiot." I say partially frowning. I don't know if I could frown sincerely with him this close to me. I knew when I first met him that we had a special bond. I think we might be soul mates - but I'm gonna leave that be for now. He laughs and pulls me even closer till our hips touch, then kisses me lightly on the cheek.

"I think we should work here until lunch. After that we can do whatever as long as you feel prepared for tomorrow. Do you think you'll be okay for tomorrow or should I try to reschedule?" Matthew says and I watch him sit down beside me.

"Yeah... I should be fine." I nod, glancing down at my stomach. I swear I can see the dark purple bruises through my shirt. I haven't gotten the chance to look in the mirror since the fight but I must look worse than a raccoon who's been hit by a truck.

"Okay. Let's see what you can do without too much pain." He smiles at me, pecking me on the lips before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

*****

I end up falling asleep after we practice, not waking up again until 9:00 in the morning. I eat breakfast with Matthew because I don't feel like seeing the others. I do however feel like seeing Matthew.

"So do you think you are ready to fight again? You only have to win three, I may be able to reschedule...." He says as we walk to the yard.

"I think not, but I know I'll be fine." I say elbowing him in the arm. He chuckles and we split, so I walk in from one entrance and him from another.

"...fights well be continuing today, we'll start with Hanna and Cinder." Bruce says loudly. As I walk towards my group he spots me and looks a little surprised, but it fades quickly into annoyance.

"Wow, Lib? I thought you'd be out for sure." Nick says walking to me from my left.

I smile at him, "you know damn well nothing can stop me from winning." He laughs and pulls me gently into a hug, smacking his hands on my back friendlily. I copy him laughing lightly.

"Hey, good for you then shark girl." He says releasing me to see how I feel about the nickname. I smile squinting one eye and nodding.

"You tried something new and I admire you for it, but if you say that again I'll kick your ass." I say showing my teeth into a mock roar. "I bite."