Slug...

Slug's pov

    I've been here for a week now. Sixes and 5.0.5 seem to get along really well. BlackHat is weird... He's both better and worse than WhiteHat. He had instantly decided that I should do some work while I am here. Since I was a scientist I was put in the lab with Flug. Flug reminds me more of my lost brother each and every day. 

     And finally, there's that lizard girl, what was her name? Dem... Dem... Demon Child. Demon Child is a weird artificial human thing.  She is annoying and a nuisance. She doesn't know how to control herself. She comes into the lab, breaks some shit and the second Liam- er Flug gets mad at her, she runs out like she did nothing wrong. And worse of all she has hurt Sixes on multiple occasions.

   I was sitting in the lab board out of my mind as Flug went to go talk to BlackHat. Flug tells me that he's glad to have another hand around but doesn't let me do shit when he's gone. It like if I'm going to be stuck here with the only thing to do is build some stupid invention than let me invent.  

    I both hate and love this place. Things are similar but so different. It's weird. 

    My thoughts get interrupted as I hear the doors open to the lab. I turn around in the swivel chair I was sitting in. Technically the chair is Flug's but I couldn't care less. It's the only one he has and he's not in here, so he can fuck off. 

    "Sorry for keeping you waiting, Slug," Flug said as he walked in. I instantly felt a bit worried that he was gonna yell at me for sitting in his seat. There was a time I had sat at WhiteHat's chair in his office because he left me in there and I thought why not. I was lectured for hours that night...

    "So what do you want to work on today?" he asks as if he didn't even realize I was sitting in his seat.

     I shrugged playing it cool. I don't want him to know about my insecurities. 

     "Well we can work on a death ray or something," he suggested. 

     "Sure, it's your lab so you don't need my say to build something," I told him in my usual sarcastic tone.

    "I just wanted you have a bit of fun here and I thought why not let you pick something to build. You like inventing don't you?" he asked me.

     "I mean, I guess. Science is the only thing I've known..." I said drifting off into thought. 

    "DD!" a voice yelled. A kid with beautiful, messy, dirty blond hair that reflected the way of life the kid lived. His eyes were a bright shimmering green. A bright smile on his face. But the most noticeable feature about him was a big birthmark around his right eye.

    This DD turned to look at him. DD was playing with a small puppy, a golden retriever mixed with a German shepherd. The puppy was the runt of the litter. Their grandma decided to keep him since DD seemed to love him so much. 

    DD was scientifically smaller than the kid who called his name. DD's hair was neatly combed back, which had also represented the brunets way of life. He had a very simular brith mark as the kid on the same eye and everything. His eyes shone a bright purple. He was curious as to why his brother had called his name. 

      The siblings almost never got to see each other. The older of the two was obviously their parent's favorite. They were the wild thrill seeker type, and they took the older of the two with them. DD, however, was stuck at their grandparents' house. DD didn't mind though, just as long as he gets to see his brother, his best friend every once in a while.

     "What's up LeLe?" DD asked his older brother. 

      "Look!" LeLe exclaimed showing his brother a small box.

     "What is it?"

    LeLe than proceeded to press the button on the box and a bunch of lights came out of it. DD couldn't help but stare at all of the pretty lights. He took a glance at his brother. A look of pure amusement on his face and pride sparkled in his eyes. DD smiled and turned his attention back to the lights.

    "Slug? you alright?" Flug asked me. I shook my head and looked up at him. Tears threatened to leave them.

    Flug must have been able to see them even though my goggles and the paper bag, because he had hugged me.

    He hugged me rubbing my back in complete silence. This just encourages my tears as they started to come out more and more. I buried my head into his chest and cried. The paperbag crinkling and wrinkling as I did so.

     It was like this for what seemed like centuries. I had cried more and more, until I couldn't cry no more. Then it was silence. 

     "You okay?" Flug asked in a voice that a mother would use to calm their child.

     I continued to be quiet. He let out a sigh and continued to hold me.

    I reached up and took off the paper bag. I rather not wear it, but I only decided to kept it on till now because I didn't want them to see my face. My face is normally mostly covered by my bandana and hoodie, but my eyes can still be seen none the less. 

    Flug made no motion to look at my face and continued to hold me close.

     "I'm fine now," I tell him. We then separated. My heart started to beat faster as he took a look at my face. His eyes that were visible through his googles turned to a bright shade of green.

Shock, surprise, confusion... Disgust?

WhiteHat's pov. 

     I sat alone in an empty mansion. I knew that BlackHat and Slug had teleported here to get Sixes, I knew right away. I could feel BlackHat's magic suddenly appear and disappear a few minutes later. Why else would they be here than to get Sixes? I haven't been in Slug's room though, so for as much as I know, Sixes is still in where. But I know he isn't. I would have heard his whining by now if he was. 

     I walked around the quiet mansion. It was defining. The quite so loud that it hurt. I'm a social demon... Well kind of...

   No kind of. You don't need anyone.

     I ignore it. I continued to walk around. I hate the quiet. The quite allows them to speak to you. And trust me, you don't want them around. I was stuck with one from birth. It has sucked. I'll never be able to fix my relationship with my brothers and sister. Can you fix something that has always been broken? 

(Sorry for the shorter chapter this time around. I just felt like keeping it here is good. I was thinking of ending it at 900 words but even that is way too short for me so I added WhiteHat's bit. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter :3 )