Chapter 2

✐ ✎ ✐ ✎

Chapter 2

(Y/n)

"It's real," said it in a echoing voice.

(Y/n) was in a room where everything was bleach white except the single silhouette that was in front of her.

"Are you me?" (Y/n) asked the silhouette hesitantly. She stepped forward and reached out her hand.

The shadow mirrored her steps, but there was no answer. After a moment of silence, the silhouette slowly walked away, mumbling.

"It's real," it said one last time.

As (Y/n)'s conscious grew, she slowly opened her eyes which weren't cooperating with her; it was like when the eyes is forced to open in the early mornings, but it was still asleep while the body was awake.

She rubbed her rheums off and tried to open her eyes again. The corners of her eyes were first vignette, but it slowly faded away. Although she was still adjusting to see better, she could make out of the tall trees and the clouded sky. 

Shit. My head...

She felt a bit of warmth near her shoulders, and unluckily, the aching pain from her back and arms, too. Tiny migraines occupied her brain.

What the hell happened? she managed to think.

"Uh—Sean, it looks like she's awake," a young voice spoke.

She tilted her head to where the voice came from, and her tired eyes shot open.

"Agh!" she yelped as she jumped up, backing away quickly.

Her feet weakened which caused her to fall back down, bringing more pain to her spine.

"W-we didn't do anything to you! Promise! You suddenly collapsed and we didn't know what to do—so we just brought you here!" said the older boy that seems to be named Sean. He stood up and raised his hands up (to his shoulder length) to show innocence. He pointed at (Y/n)'s backpack. "We haven't snooped around there, too."

(Y/n) looked around. It seemed like a little camp the two boys had put up in the middle of the woods. Her gaze went back to the them, who were looking back at her. She took a deep breath and calmed herself down.

It's real, she reminded herself, it's real.

She looked at the two boys directly at their faces, and they gave her confused looks back. She wanted to smile and cry. She couldn't believe that this was actually happening: her seeing the Sean and Daniel in real life form. She thought that this was either some type of miracle or, somewhat, a punishment.

"Where am I?" (Y/n)'s voice softly came out. She was still on the ground, her arms at the back supporting her front.

"We have no idea...," said Sean. He sat down on the snowy grounds with a troubled look.

That's right. In the game, they had ran off again. The last place they were in was Beaver Creek. I don't even know where fucking Beaver Creek is, or if it even exists, she pondered. She looked at both of the boys with a dejected look, or even if they exists...

"Please excuse me for a bit," (Y/n) said as she slowly stood up, brushing the snow off from her clothes.

"Are you okay?" asked the little one before (Y/n) walked off.

A small smile appeared on her (s/n) face, and she gave him an assuring smile along with a nod. "Yeah."

She walked a few feet away from the camp. She stood and rested her body on a damped tree with her shaky breaths that followed.

Am I in the game right now? Is that even fucking possible? she thought as her  pessimistic thoughts slowly crept. She covered her mouth with her index and thumb. She gulped and bit her lip.

Or am I perhaps ... dead?

She shook her head at her nonsense thinking and looked back at the camp. Both of the two boys seemed to be having a conversation, which she obviously couldn't hear.

They seemed to get along very well. Like in the game, (Y/n) had thought, and a small grin emerged from her lips.

She sighed and hold her hands near her heart. This was what I wished for. A stupid wish, yeah. She tiredly scoffed. I didn't mean it.... She exhaled deeply. I wonder how is my family at the moment? she rhetorically asked herself.

The thoughts of her family brung a few tears to her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. She looked at the boys, again, but this time, with a worried look.

I don't think they know that they're in a game ... or who they really are, their purpose!

Her heart ached a bit, but she took a deep breath and sighed.