Chapter 20 (And Some News!)

A/n: I read all of y'all's comments last announcement. Thank you for commenting. 💚 People wanted both an older Daniel book and a new Sean book. After some consideration, I'm here to say that I'd be doing both! And at the same time! It's going to be some work but I'm excited to do it and share it with you all. It's sad that LIS2 ended, so I hope this will fill some hearts up. <3 More updates about it soon.

✎✎✎

Chapter 20

(Y/n)

(Y/n)'s hands were locked against each other, and her thumbs twiddled around. Her legs took turns bouncing and her hands reacted to the force by bobbing along. The quiet and empty hotel room made her think of possible scenarios that may be occurring outside where Karen and Sean were talking. She heard indistinct muffles, but she knew it was their time; she didn't want to ruin the moment of reunion, though Sean didn't seemed so happy about it.

Her eyes scanned the room and found nothing worth gazing at, so her eyes trailed to her shirt. It was a plain white t-shirt that Karen had gave her. It's clean, promise, Karen had said. (Y/n) didn't really mind if it wasn't that clean, in fact, she was grateful that Karen had bought her some new pants and some used shoes.

(Y/n) didn't really knew much about Karen; the information of her from episodes two and three were not enough to determine a person she was, but Sean probably knew all about her. But he always managed to get upset by just the mention of her name, so (Y/n) cringed at how they were going to take each other's words.

The door to the outside clicked and Karen entered. She gave a small smile to (Y/n) and fetched the gauze and eye cleaning solution on the desk. She walked back outside and politely closed the door behind her. (Y/n)'s lips lightly perked. I guess it's going to be okay, she thought and rested her shoulders.

"I'm going to get some groceries," Karen gently announced. Something about her voice made (Y/n) at ease. Perhaps she was a singer or was once in theatre—that's why her voice was so serene and controlled. She'd imagined if Karen sung a goodnight song.

Sean didn't answer. He still seemed bitter, but who wouldn't? (Y/n) knew it'd take time.

"(Y/n)," Karen said.

(Y/n) turned around. "Hm?"

"Why don't you come with me? Let's talk for a little bit."

Sean sit himself up from the bed. "Karen, what are you doing?"

"Getting to know this girl of of yours."

Sean's eyes flinched. "I—" He couldn't denied it and blushed lightly. "You can just go on your own."

(Y/n) shook his head. "Sean, it's okay. I'll go; I'll like to talk to her."

"But—"

"She helped us—helped me. I'm going for a few minutes, okay?"

He somewhat nodded. "Yeah, okay..."

Karen gently smiled without looking at them and headed to the door. "Sean, there are scissors in the bathroom. Maybe trim your hair a little bit," she said as she exited the room.