Chapter 7

✐ ✎ ✐ ✎

Chapter 7

(Y/n)

(Y/n)'s stomach grumbled.

Daniel jumped up and frantically scanned the area. "What was that?"

She blushed and slowly covered her stomach. She hoped her stomach would stay quiet, but she guessed it betray her.

"That was me..." she quietly confessed.

Daniel stared at her, then at Sean, then back at her. He slowly retrieved back down to his seat on the log.

Sean frowned."I'm sorry that we didn't get to eat. If we come across a place, I promise I'll buy us something."

None of them have ate since morning—and they only ate a few crackers. The snacks that were in (Y/n)'s backpack quickly ran out—they weren't that much in the first place.

If only I had packed a whole buffet in my backpack before I went to school, she thought. I wonder if all our money combine can actually buy us a meal...

"I'm not hungry. My stomach is just ... being bothersome," assured (Y/n). She never wanted to sound needy in front of them—especially when they're already helping her out so much.

"You want a burger—check and noted," Sean insisted. He turned his head to (Y/n) and gave her a heartwarming laugh.

"I didn't—" (Y/n) knew she wouldn't make a point across, so she laughed along.

Daniel jumped and bumped his fists up and down. "Oh! Oh! I want a Chock-O-Crisp again, Sean!"

"Alright, alright. Sit your ass down. We still have a long trip to go; save your energy."

They sat in silence on the soiled log; in replacement, the squirrels and birds spoke for them. The view around them was beautiful as the sun started to set. This is the kind of feeling (Y/n) liked best.

This scenery would really fit my calm playlist, (Y/n) had thought. Her expression turned calm and tired. I miss listening to music... Her phone was still dead, and she had no idea when she'll get the chance to charge it—or ever.

I miss my family, too. Her heart tightened at the depressed thoughts of her family's condition. She'd always wanted to run away from home, but now that she's away, she missed everything. Maybe it was better this way. It was what she wanted, right?

To avoid shedding tears, (Y/n) studied the view in front of them—and suddenly felt inspire to draw and perhaps write out her complicated thoughts. It was something (Y/n) had never seen before back in her hometown; it's not like she ever saw the whole world of her hometown anyway, even though she'd lived there since forever.

(Y/n) zipped open her backpack and pulled out her journal along with a pencil; the journal is her prized possession, for her secret thoughts and feelings are in it.

She flipped to the next blank page and delicately placed the tip of her pencil on the dotted—beige paper. She studied the view in front of her and started to move her hand, trying to make straight lines. She first sketched the train tracks that were not too far from where she sat, then the broken wet logs that was afar in the distance.

She felt kind of embarrass to draw as Sean and Daniel's eyes were on her, but she needed to sketch down the rare scene, before it disappeared into some place else where (Y/n) would probably never see again.

"That's not bad at all," Sean said beside her. (Y/n) can feel his breath on her cheeks.

She blushed and fidgeted with her pencil. She kind of also hid her sketch with her wrist. "Thanks." She felt her face getting warmer by the second, and she hated it. Why do I have to blush every goddamn time he speaks to me? Get it together, (Y/n)!