Last Chapter (Going Back Home)

Sean

He continued to smile, but he felt like his ongoing tears is stronger than the little perk of his lips. Strong emotions swirled up throughout his body as she performed her last smile to him.

The train approached closer.

If only he can slow down time or go back to the days where they could still be together. He'll do anything to go back in time... To the time of that snow white day where he and his brother had just hopped off the train. The first encounter they had. The first time he ever looked at her.

Sean opened his mouth. "(Y/n), I—"

The train swooshed passed him. In front of him is the blur sights of the last train. He stepped back, unable to believe that after the train is gone so will (Y/n). He looked frantically for a way to go to the other side, but the train continued to move dangerously and fast.

"(Y/n)!" he yelled all with his might. "(Y/n)!"

Tears started to drip out of his eyes and his heartbeats started to beat faster. His breath fastened and quivered. He shook his head in disbelief.

He waited until the train is gone. Once the last cart passed, he saw no one but the ocean view on the other side.

He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He tried again, and his body shook. He frantically search around for her, but his legs gave up to the ground and he cried. He fisted the ground and sobbed out incoherent words.

"No...," he breathed out.

He hiccuped and held his chest tight. It hurts, where his heart was.

He slowly strolled back to the cabin, his mind blank, but his heart, still beating. He opened the door, and everyone stared at him.

"Sean, where's (Y/n)?" Daniel asked.

Karen walked towards Sean. "Sean, have you been crying?"

Sean said nothing and stared at the floor.

Karen looked back at Daniel and Isabelle. "Where did (Y/n) go?"

Sean slowly dropped to his knees and cupped his face.

"She went back home," he sobbed. "She went back home."

The house echoes with his sobs and the hiccups his voice could not controlled... (Y/n) had gone back home.

First Universe
(Y/n)

She slowly opened her eyes and hear a big sigh came out of her mouth.

The tunnel filled her vision. But it's different; they are new graffitis.

She took another deep breath. And another one. Then another one. Taking another deep breath, tears dropped to the floor. Her tears. She stared at the wet droplets on the floor, and she frowned. Then her lips started to tremble. She cupped her face and cried with echoes of sobs and hiccups in the tunnel. She sniffed and cried, and as she looked forward to see the view she was so familiar with, she cried more.

She unsteadily stood up and started trudging to her house. It was not far away, but with her emotions it feels like a long walk.

She approached the porch of her house and see her parents' cars. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she rung the doorbell.

Her hands shook and her legs were barely stable. She waited.

Then the door opened. It was her sister.

(Y/n) tried to smile to her, but her muscles were tired. So tired.

(S/n) covered her mouth and stepped back. She stared at (Y/n) for a moment before reaching out her hand to feel her face. The hand on (Y/n)'s face shook violently but in a warm way. Her brother appeared behind (S/n). He dropped his phone and stared at (Y/n), but without hesitation, he pulled her in for a deep hug. The sister joined in, fighting for space to hug (Y/n).

(Y/n) heard sobs of the two, and footsteps of her parents. The siblings refused to let her go, but the parents stared at the pile of mess, then realized it was (Y/n). They stayed in shock for a moment before realizing that it was reality. They join in the hug, and quiet sobs of the family filled the living room.

Slowly, colors started to show.

Two week later...

After a few days of questioning from the police, (Y/n) is finally set free. Many questions were asked, mostly on what happened to her. But she always curved the question, with no mention of the other universe.

(Y/n) stood up from the couch in the living room. "I'm going to my room to have some time for myself," she said with a smile.

"Don't forget," her sister said, "we have to meet our therapist in a few hours."

(Y/n) nodded in acknowledgment and waved to her family before heading to her room. She closed the door shut and turned on her PS4. A Playbox, is what Daniel would've called it.

All the episodes of Life is Strange 2 had came out.

She downloaded Episode 3 and loaded it.

"Once upon a time... In a wild... wild... world," Sean said.

(Y/n) felt tears coming out of her eyes. She covered her mouth and smiled at the screen. The Wolf Brothers' journey, but without her.

"... so they decided to keep going South..."

(Y/n) let out a breath and tears entered her mouth. With Daniel by his side and with Sean by Daniel's side, everything will be okay. They can do it. The Wolf Brothers.

"You guys... will be okay over there," she sobbed out. "You two will do just fine."

At the corner of her eyes, she saw a white outline outside her window. She wiped her tears and looked carefully. It was a white rabbit. It looked at her, and she looked at it. The rabbit's fur was as white as snow, and its contrast to the evergreens around it makes it... special.

It hopped away, and soon was out of sight...

(Y/n) smiled, and she picked up her controller again.

End