Chapter 5

✐ ✎ ✐ ✎

Chapter 5

(Y/n)

(Y/n) let out a shaky breath and tried to stay calm as her negative thoughts pestered her. She picked up her backpack from the snowy grounds and quickly swung it to her back. She immediately regretted doing so. She gently rubbed her back with a sour expression. That fucking bastard... Might as well break my back!

She groaned.

It doesn't sound like they're going to hurt Sean, right?

Her eyes slowly closed on their own.

Fuck... Is this my fault? Am I fucking things up that isn't suppose to happen? If I wasn't here ... Sean could've ran with the rest of them and—

(Y/n) let out an "Ugh," and shook her head. She hated how she always think of the worst in these type of situations.

She slowly opened her eyes and sighed. She hoped for the rest to be safe: Daniel, Cassidy, Finn and their dog. Now that she was thinking about them, she wondered how she'll tell Daniel about his brother.

"Hey Daniel! Sorry your brother has been kidnapped, but don't freak out! We wouldn't want your crazy telekinesis power to trigger right now! Ahahaha!" she practiced, as her voice gradually toned down. Her expression turned grim, and she rolled her eyes.

Yep. I fucked everything up, she concluded and started her search for the others.

Sean

"Why did you take me?" Sean sounded clearly ticked off, which he really was.

The good thing is, he wasn't tied up. Instead, he was safely buckled up—but was guarded by three men. Way better than what happened at the gas station already.

"Jeez. You just don't shut your mouth," said the woman from the front seat. "You're basically bait." She looked back at Sean. "The others will definitely come save you. I mean if that girl you were with actually find Cassidy and the others. I feel kind of bad that I left her behind now..." she trailed off and tapped her chin.

"What are you planning?" Sean raised his voice and lifted his body up. The man beside him pushed Sean forcefully back down. He smacked his lips and rolled his eyes. Figured.

"I'm not a bad person. I think," the woman laughed. "I just want to talk to Cassidy. She've been avoiding me."

Sean slightly tilted his head and took a closer look at the woman on the rear mirror. She looked like she was in her early twenties. Her hair was umber brown and was messily braided. Her eye color was almost as green as summer grass, her skin pale, and if you look close enough, you could see a few freckles on her face.

"Oh, by the way, those three guys over there are my friends. Meet Oliver, Natha-"

"Don't get so friendly with me when you'd just kidnapped me," Sean interrupted the woman and furrowed his eyebrows.

She stared at him, then smiled. "And my name is Isabelle," she chuckled. "It's not kidnapping. Just think of it like I'm picking you up from school or something—I don't fucking know." She shrugged.

Sean rolled his eyes at her absurd logic. This woman is a psycho.

He looked out the window. "Where are you taking me?"