Chapter 11

✐ ✎ ✐ ✎

Chapter 11

(Y/n)

The trees calmly swayed in the midnight wind along with the broken leaves that no longer have it's bright colors.

The forest ground was unbothered by critters, for most of the them have gone to a slumber. But, it was stomped on continuously by tired and sober humans who'd just partied like it was the end of the world.

The sobers one were Finn and Cassidy, but they seemed kind out of it; they hugged each other and sang out to the sky. But they seemed like were having fun.

Night continued it's static of air and sound of crickets as darkness fell upon. The half—pale moon was high up with the starry night sky.

It was weird, because the last time (Y/n) saw the moon, she was crying helplessly—begging for help as her eyes made waterfalls. But now, she's feeling embarrassed and happy, because she was strolling with Sean beside her: A familiar boy she likes so much, and who have almost kissed her.

"Daniel is kind of drooling on your shoulders," she mentioned to Sean and let out a gentle laugh.

Sean was forced to carry Daniel on the way back to camp, because Daniel was knocked out after he finished dancing... (Y/n) understood, because they danced intensely, and the three of them was totally into it. I've never danced like that before, (Y/n) have thought, and with Sean and Daniel, too...

Now, Daniel was on Sean's back, his head resting on Sean's shoulders with his eyes closed: a piggyback. It was cute, because (Y/n) hadn't see them bond this wholesomely in the past few weeks. She wondered if the brother quarrel was suppose to happen...

Sean quietly chuckled, and faced (Y/n) with his body forward. "Mind wiping it off?" he nicely asked.

(Y/n) nodded. She used her thumb and wiped the drool off. Then, she wiped her thumb on her pants after.

Now that her fingertips touched her pants and actually felt the grasp of it, it was rough, and she felt some dirt stains. I need some new clothes..., she had thought, but jokingly. She wasn't going to spend money on new clothes now, she wanted to save up for the journey ahead.

She timidly glanced at Sean, hoping he won't look back. He didn't, but he did noticed (Y/n)'s eyes on him. She could tell by how his head slightly twitched after a millisecond after she looked at him...

(Y/n) blushed and looked back at the path forward, where Finn and Cassidy were, and was giggling music lyrics.

Is this how sober people are, or...? she asked herself. She let out a quiet giggle as she saw Finn and Cassidy happily hugging each other, drooping their heads and singing with out-of-tune vocals: She knew they did it on purpose, though.

"They're going to wake up Daniel," Sean gently said with a chuckle.

(Y/n) looked at Sean again. "I doubt it. He's a bit of a heavy sleeper, if you ask me."

Sean slightly nodded. "I guess that's true."

Then, it was silence ... not the place, nor Finn, nor Cassidy ... but (Y/n) and Sean, and their cheeks had reddened.

Should I mention the kiss? I mean, not kiss, but ... the time where he was about to kiss me, (Y/n) have thought roughly. Even though she was talking to herself in her head, she had to clear the misunderstanding that Sean didn't actually touch lips with hers. She bit her lips... The fact that Sean Diaz tried to kissed me... Oh—fuck...