Part 5: Closure On The Notes

(This one is gonna be short cause I wanna leave all the stuff involving the 5th Laboratory for next time. Anyways enjoy.)

"The main ingredient for a Philosopher's Stone, is live humans."

Noire and Uni both wide eyed at that statement.

"It says here that to make even one stone, over million human sacrifices are needed just to make one damn stone." Alex said.

Alex knew very well how bad human transmutation was.

Due to the law of Equivalent Exchange, this made human transmutation impossible since nothing could equal the value of a human soul.

'How did Marcoh find out about this? And these people who did use human transmutation to sacrifice the humans, did they lose anything in return?' Thought Alex.

The fact that this happened is shocking to him.

"Human, sacrifices?" Asked Uni.

"Alex. Are you 100% sure those are what the notes said? M-Maybe you mistranslated." Said a hopeful Noire.

"I wish I did mistranslate, but, I didn't. I translated this about 6 times. All ended up with this result."

Noire took a quick second to think this.

Ever since she had taken Alex in to live with her, she had gotten a better understanding of what and how Alchemy works.

She also knew how bad Human Transmutation was.

"Okay, well, I guess I have no choice but to do some research on my own. B-But don't get the wrong idea dummy! It's not like I'm doing this cause I care for you! I'm simply just interested that's all!" Said Noire.

'Ah. There's the classic Noire we've all been missing.' Casually thought Alex.

"Well, maybe if you can find out where Marcoh wrote the notes, then maybe you'd get a location." Said Uni.

That immediately got Alex to open up his laptop as he started to search through multiple results until he finally found one reliable source.

"It says here Dr. Tim Marcoh wrote these notes while working at the 5th Laboratory."

"5-5th Laboratory!?" Shouted Noire.

"Something wrong Noire?" He asked.

"I never would've thought that the 5th Laboratory was used for something like this!"

"You sat that as if it isn't used anymore."

"That's actually true." Said Uni. "The 5th Laboratory shut down a year ago. Hasn't been demolished so it still stands as abandoned."

"I see. Well then, might as well get going over the-." "NO!" "Wait what?"

Alex didn't expect Noire to just suddenly interrupt him like that.

"Alex, I'm sorry but even as a friend (For now *wink wink*) it's strictly forbidden to enter the 5th Laboratory."

"Oh come on Noire! This place is my ticket to the conclusion!"

"I said NO and that's FINAL! As a CPU I command you to stay here and wait until I'm done!" She said as she stomped away.

Uni gave Alex a sly smile. "Sorry about her. She just doesn't want you to get hurt."

"Well guess what? I'm gonna go to the 5th Laboratory and I'll be safe!"

"Well, if your going then I'm going!"

"Wait really!?"

"Trust me. You'll be inside doing your thing while I'll be out guarding to make sure no one else comes in."

"Thank you Uni."

Uni and Alex smiled as they high gives each other, ready to enter the 5th Laboratory, at night.

Next Time, Part 6: The 5th Laboratory