Part 16: The Legend Of The Sword

(Gonna be a short one cause the next part is gonna be entirely full of Alex fighting one of the Homunculi.)

'W-What is this?' Alex though in his head, as he saw the blue aura himself and the sword were covered in.

Alex felt extremely light and the sword felt easier to carry thanks to whatever this aura was.

Alex then remembered that Green Heart had taken Sephiroth outside the church which gave Alex time.

"Right! I gotta go!"

Alex, now in the aura, dashed in the direction where Green Heart and taken Sephiroth too.

One thing Alex noticed was that he was much faster in this aura.

Soon, he made it outside as he saw Sephiroth knocking Green Heart away as she groaned in pain.

He also noticed IF a few ways back recovering.

From the looks of it, Sephiroth was easily holding his own ground against Green Heart.

"Hey! Sephiroth!"

Alex jumped at Sephiroth as they clashed.

Sephiroth had a shocked face seeing Alex wield the Buster Sword as he simply pushed Alex away.

Alex landed as he held the sword in front of him.

"So, it seems you were a chosen one." Said Sephiroth.

"I guess so. I may not know exactly what a chosen one means, but, I've been entrusted this sword and I don't let the down."

"So the spirits of those three are still alive? How annoying."

"By those three, do you mean Zack Fair, Cloud Strife, and Aerith Gainsborough?"

"How do you know?"

"They believe in me. I won't let them down!"

"Hmph. And what makes you think you'll get a chance now? I'm done for now. Goodbye Alex Mustang. Hopefully our next encounter will be our last."

Sephiroth suddenly vanished into thin air, completely gone.

Alex just sighed as the blue aura went away, as he looked at the sword in his hands.

"This sword. Why's he so obsessed with it?"

TimeSkip

"So, what's the deal Vert? What exactly is this sword and a chosen one?" Asked Alex.

"Well, the Buster Sword is a sword full of history. It's been passed down through generations. Many have held this sword, though, only three prominent users are well known. Ironically, the three prominent users are the most popular and the last three."

"And those are?"

"Angeal Hewley, Zack Fair, and Cloud Strife."

"I see."

"After Cloud had relinquished the sword, it stood still in Aerith's Church for years. No one had been able to pull it out until you."

"Alright then. So, what's a chosen one exactly mean?"

"That man, Sephiroth. He's fought many Buster Sword wielders over the years. His ultimate goal is to finally destroy the Buster Sword once and for all so his destiny is acquired. Cloud came close to finally defeating him, however, Sephiroth managed to live many hours after Cloud left."

"So, Sephiroth had been guarding the sword to not allow a new user?"

"Yep. Thankfully, cause I helped distract him, you managed to be the new user."

"Yeah. So, now I'm supposed to defeat this Sephiroth guy?"

"Well, it's what every user has done so yep."

Alex groaned.

"Damn. As if I didn't hate this destiny crap enough. Now I gotta deal with the Homunculi and Sephiroth? Damn it all."

"I know it's tons of pressure but you'll work through it. I'm positive."

"Yeah. Thanks Vert."

Vert nodded and gave Alex a hug as he gave one back.

Soon, Alex had walked to his guest room and placed the Buster Sword in a safe place for now.

"Their dreams. Their ambitions. Their hope. It's all mine now. I won't fail. I'll make them a reality."

Alex went onto his bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Part 17: The Legend Of The Sword: End