Part 10: A Scarful Encounter

In the alleyway, it was still raining as Nepgear had finished sobbing, her eyes now red.

For Ales though, he was still sobbing as he repeatedly clapped his hands together and placed them on the wall, still in distress from seeing Nina and Alexander's bloody remains.

From above, Purple and Black Heart saw what was going on in the alleyway.

"It's so cruel." Said Black Heart. "If the devil really does interfere with this world, then we've seen his work tonight."

"The devil's work huh?" Said Purple Heart. "The State Alchemists are all human artillery if nothing else works, and, when our military calls it's their duty to respond regardless of how grotesque the scenario. Tp serve, they have to distance themselves from emotional attachments. In that way, they're not so different from Tucker."

"With all do respect Neptune, Alex. He's."

"I know Noire."

"He's still just a little kid." Both of them said.

Back in the alleyway, Nepgear turned around and wide eyed when she saw Alex's boss, Führer King Bradley.

"A-Alex? Then around."

Ales turned around, showing his somber eyes as he saw Bradley.

"Bradley?"

"There's no use Alex."

"What?"

"You can't go around trying to bring everything living creature that dies on you back to life Alex. It's not possible and it's not healthy."

Alex just got more upset as Bradley continued speak.

"Anyway, who'd you be helping by bringing back a malformed chimera. It's an ugly world out there Alex and from here on out it's only going to get uglier from the path you've chosen. Just be thankful it wasn't you and get on with your life."

"W-What? Get on with my life!?" Shouted Alex as Bradley walked up to Alex and grabbed his wrist.

"There's a reason you became a State Alchemist. Right Alex? Can you really afford to get distracted by every little lost cause?"

Bradley looked behind and saw some vehicles arrive.

"This is up to the investigations department now. Step aside and leave."

Alex got out of Bradley's grasp and just ran away again with Nepgear following him.

Eventually, Alex just sat on the steps leading to the entrance of the Planeptune Basilicom, with his head hung low and arms resting.

Nepgear sat a few steps above him in worry about how Alex was feeling right now.

Then, Nepgear looked up and saw Purple Heart walk down the steps until she stood next to Alex.

"Ally. I hate to say his, but, you'll end up handling  more cases like this. Sometimes, you might even get your own hands dirty. Are you gonna get shut down like this everytime?"

Purple Heart knew it was harsh to be this hard on Alex but she knew it had to be done.

Alex simply chuckled.

"Easy for you to say. Your never looked down upon. You beloved by all your people." He said, clutching his arms.

"I may be called a Dog Of The Black Ops. I may even be cursed as a devil, but, it doesn't matter. I'm still gonna figure out the truth. I know the truth. I know I'm not a devil. I know I'm not a god like you girls."

He then stood up.

"I'm human."

He then looked up and shouted.