Part 15: Inheriting The Buster

"S-Sephiroth?"

"Male sure to remember that name. It'll likely be the last you'll ever heard in your short life."

Alex was immediately caught off guard.

One second he was out killing monsters and enjoying his time.

The next he enters the church and is suddenly forced into a death match.

"W-Wait what!? You can't just force me into a fight I'm not ready!"

"That's how fights act in the real world don't they? No one's ever really ready for a battle. It's simply on common sense and instinct."

"S-Still! I just came to explore the church! That's all!"

Sephiroth merely scoffed and stood next to the sword on the ground and pointed at it.

"This sword caught your attention didn't it?"

"W-Well yeah obviously. It looks really cool. I at least wanna try a pull at it."

"Sorry to say but no one's ever wielding this sword ever again. Not on my watch."

"And why not!?"

"That's confidential and personal kid. If you'd like to know, come at me. Maybe you'll prove to be worthy of an opponent."

"H-Have others fought you before?" Alex asked as hesitation grew in his voice.

He honesty didn't wanna fight Sephiroth due to the sheer massive length of his sword.

The blade, though thin like a katana, was extremely longer than any weapon Alex has ever seen.

The blade itself was taller than any normal human being.

"Yes I have. Many have come to the church just for a chance to pull out and wiled the sword on the pedestal, yet, all have fallen to my blood without even getting a chance." Said Sephiroth.

Alex got even more hesitant.

"You. Tell me your name kid."

"A-Alex. Alex Mustang."

"I see. Well then, Alex Mustang. Are you willing to battle me for a chance to pull and wield the sword on the pedestal?"

Alex sighed.

"Not like I have choice now do I?"

"No. You don't."

"I see. Well then."

Alex clapped his hands together, placing them on the ground as a sword slowly formed and rose from it, as Alex picked it up, aiming it at Sephiroth.

"I accept."

"Very well then."

Sephiroth had his blade ready.

Both men charged at each other and clashed.

The sheer size of Sephiroth's blade got an edge as Alex was pushed down.

Thankfully, Alex placed a hand down on the ground as a pillar emerged sending Sephiroth up and colliding with the roof.

Debris fell down the pillar was easily cut down by Sephiroth.

"Quick wit? I'm starting to think your more than just a kid."

As he said that, he was immediately scorched flames as Alex had snapped his fingers at him.

'Direct hit. He should be scorned right now.' Thought Alex.

As the flames went away, Alex was shocked to see that Sephiroth had blocked the flames with his one black angel wing.

"Nice reaction time. Though, you were still far from catching me off guard. I read that from almost a mile away."