Chapter Five

Your POV

I opened my eyes and looked to my right, where Jimin laid, smiling in his sleep. It was so weird to wake up with him by my side. I'd imagined it a million times, but never once did I think it would be like this. After watching him for a few more seconds, his eyes fluttered open. Seeing me, he looked surprised at first but then smiled, showing those cute white teeth.

Jimin's POV

She sat propped up on pillows, looking into my eyes as I looked into hers. Her lips curved up to smile back at me. Maybe there really was something left...

-----Flashback: The first day of school, last year-----

(Y/N) stood next to me, unlocking her locker while I gathered the materials I would need in the next class. I watched her out of the corner of my eye. In fact, it seemed like every boy was, but I didn't blame them— she was beautiful. Just as I was thinking that, the handsomest guy in our school, Lee SooHyuk, approached her.

"Hi, I'm SooHyuk." He smiled as she turned. "You're (Y/N), right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you

"Yeah, nice to meet you." She smiled back, and they both bowed.

"Do you like Korea so far?"

"Yeah, it's a lot different than (your country), but I love it."

"Oh, really? I'm glad. What class do you have next?"

"Umm..." She looked down at her schedule. "Math, Mr. Jang's class."

"So do I. Do you mind if I walk with you?"

"I would love that actually." She smiled, and I felt betrayed. I was supposed to take her to classes. "You know Jimin, right?" I guess I was wrong, but I wondered if she already had a crush on SooHyuk.

A few months later...

"SooHyuk is really nice, don't you think Jimin?" I thought for a moment before giving her my honest answer.

"No, he just seems that way. You shouldn't hang out with him. He's a player."

"Why are you saying that? Are you just mad because I'm going to his house to study with him and not you?... We're just going to study, Ji."

"I'm saying that because it's true, and you asked. He doesn't want to study. Trust me, that's the oldest trick in the book. Korean guys say that all the time."

"Well, I'm only studying. If he wants to do something else, then he'll have to do it alone. Why are you acting so jealous?" Now it was my turn to sigh.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I've seen him do this to other girls before, and I don't want it to happen to you. You're my best friend, (Y/N). I would never forgive myself if I let something bad happen to you."

"I'm sorry, Ji. I shouldn't have been so upset with you. I really will only study, and I'll leave if he tries to do anything else. You know I don't like him. I like you." She put her arms around me, and I hugged her back.

"I like you, too." I looked down into her eyes, which were looking back up at me.

-----End Of Flashback-----

"This is so strange, Jimin." (Y/N) called me out of the memory. "I never thought something like this would happen."

"Me either. I thought that if..." I took my chances with the rest of the sentence. "We we're together, that we would've dated when I finished high school and that I would've proposed to you after you did."

"Really? You thought about it, too?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I thought about it a lot after we got caught together."

Your POV-

It surprised me that Jimin was being so open about it and even more so the way that he feels. In all truth, there really did used to be something between him and me. At the school we attended, it was against the rules for students to date because the administration thought it would distract us from our school work. However, the two of us really liked each other and after Jimin had confessed to me, we got as close as we could until everything fell apart. A teacher had caught us having an intimate moment at the subway station and soon after, our schedules were changed and our lockers were moved, so we wouldn't see one another unless we passed for a brief second in the hall. It was like torture. For the rest of last school year and the beginning of this one, we were forced away from each other when all I wanted was to be with him. I guess he felt the same way.

"Do you think it would have worked out?" I got the courage to ask.

"I don't know, but I really hoped it would. I guess we don't have to worry about that now though..." He started to smile, then bit his lip and looked down at his pants. "Let's get ready and go eat breakfast. I'll take you to Dongdaemun later, so we can shop and have lunch and dinner." I nodded, holding back a smile of my own.

Jimin's POV

I had always wanted to take her on a shopping date, so I'd thought about it for a long time. Now that we were free to be together, I was eager to go, so I chose today. I thought about where we would visit first as we got ready and ate breakfast.

 I thought about where we would visit first as we got ready and ate breakfast

Would you rather give up bathing or the internet for a month?

❤️Love you guys! Thank you for reading this! ❤️